• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ethics class

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC Helo Bubba

Contributor
Gentlemen-

I’m not exactly certain as to the purpose of this forum. Is it to share insights on Naval Aviation and personal experiences with current and aspiring Naval Aviators or is it to use as a personal sounding board?

Although the advice started off innocuous enough, the student was looking for aviation-related issues, which makes Bremerton, Everett, etc less than ideal. He also stated that he was hoping to set something up for a phone interview. Perhaps some of you are used to putting personal critiques of body language into your reports, but I’m not sure what could be gathered from a personal story that could not be captured via a series of phone calls or even an electronic exchange.

It seemed like a pretty simple request, and if you don’t want to share your personal story, that’s certainly your prerogative. However, it absolutely amazes me that our shoe brethren, when given this same request were more than willing to help out, while on this website several of you, mostly student naval aviators and other midshipmen, decided to hijack this request to interject your own views on other topics as well as deride the student for having the audacity to make such a request.

Congratulations, boys. You just out-shoed the black shoes.

Why dont you send him YOUR number Lefty?

USMC_NA

I think I understand what these guys are trying to tell you two. And I second the idea of not expressing your anger online. These "ethics" stories often involve releasing information about military personnel making stupid and embarrassing decisions, and ends up in all of us looking bad.

Anyway, here dude. This is the last ethical situation I was in. I'm a 2nd LT so that's about as junior as you get. I'm in primary at Vance and I was recently invited to a popular bar here in Enid to go do some Friday night drinking, which is pretty much a necessity for flight school as far as I'm concerned. The place had a reputation for being pro-military, so I was in. When I walked in I was shocked to say the least. There were pictures of pilots, aircraft, patches, claims to fame, etc. Also everywhere were plastered confederate flags and even a sign that had Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s words "I have a dream" with a picture of the capital buiding and a confederate flag flying over it. To me, few things are as pitifull and ignorant as racism and it's propoganda. Now I'm aware that in some areas the rebel flag is OK and considered a "heritage" thing. I could have easily fit in being white and having a southern accent. But being with an African-American classmate made me think, "Would I invite my friends that aren't white to join me here?" I quickly decided to leave and not come back. I hope this is a good enough story for your project. Good luck.

ps. I'm not trying to start an argument about the confederate flag so let's not go there. Just trying to help this guy out, and I think it's an alright story that doesn't make anyone look bad.

snake020

Contributor
I have a couple real-life events that could be textbook case studies, but alas I'm not in the fleet, I'm in the air farce. However if that will suffice, PM me.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We're done. If someone wants to pm this kid with a story, go ahead. Now it's a pissing match.

Mods: reopen if you feel the need.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gentlemen-

I’m not exactly certain as to the purpose of this forum. Is it to share insights on Naval Aviation and personal experiences with current and aspiring Naval Aviators or is it to use as a personal sounding board?

Although the advice started off innocuous enough, the student was looking for aviation-related issues, which makes Bremerton, Everett, etc less than ideal. He also stated that he was hoping to set something up for a phone interview. Perhaps some of you are used to putting personal critiques of body language into your reports, but I’m not sure what could be gathered from a personal story that could not be captured via a series of phone calls or even an electronic exchange.

It seemed like a pretty simple request, and if you don’t want to share your personal story, that’s certainly your prerogative. However, it absolutely amazes me that our shoe brethren, when given this same request were more than willing to help out, while on this website several of you, mostly student naval aviators and other midshipmen, decided to hijack this request to interject your own views on other topics as well as deride the student for having the audacity to make such a request.

Congratulations, boys. You just out-shoed the black shoes.
For the record, Lefty has no affiliation with Left Eye Lewie, but I still agree with his conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.