• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-16 Bumper Stickers

Renegade One

None
Some of these made me chuckle:

Lean, Mean, Flameout Machine
I SHALL RETURN… Well, I might.
Mach Nix
The F-16. Takes a Licking, and takes a Licking
Have you hugged your chute today?
This Vehicle Makes Frequent Stops
I came. I saw. I bingo’d.
No deposit, no return.
We’ve spent so much money on this thing that we can’t afford to admit we were wrong.
A triumph of style over substance.
The best damn second place fighter in the world.
Instead of CAS mod, we’re going to install a roll bar.
“And now with this LANTIRN thing and our new Block 40’s, we can hit the ground at night!”
We cover the target like a thong bikini.
And Bingo is my Name-O!
We crash more airplanes before 9-o’clock than most people crash all day.
Your courtesy appreciated. Please replace your divots.
A war record exceeding even the B-1.
Last in the talent show, but first in the swimsuit competition.
Lose a few, lose a few.
Feet and knees together, eyes on the horizon…
Designated no-hitter.
Everything you wanted in a fighter and less.
Optimist: F-16 pilot who’s worried about dying from cancer.
Only Michael Jackson is more manly.
Hey, today we didn’t lose a single jet.
This is going to hurt me more than it’s going to hurt you.
User Friendly…if you got three hands.
If we have a war with BDUs, we’ve got’em beat.
“Careful bad guys.. I’m carrying BOTH bombs today. I’m talkin’ wall to wall MK-82’s Pal.”

If I carried more weapons, and if
I had enough gas, and if
I had more REALLY expensive electrons so I could find you, and if
My motor didn’t quit, and if
My wings didn’t crack,
Boy, I’d really teach you a lesson!!

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I didn't realize the criticism of the Viper, just thought "lawn dart" was a term of endearment. +1 Spike, these were funny!

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Noob question incomming:

Why do I keep seeing the F-16 referred to as 'Viper'? I always though its nickname was 'Falcon', 'Fighting Falcon' or some derivative thereof. Is it a term for a specific variant?

phrogpilot73

Noob question incomming:

Why do I keep seeing the F-16 referred to as 'Viper'? I always though its nickname was 'Falcon', 'Fighting Falcon' or some derivative thereof. Is it a term for a specific variant?
Nope. It's the pilot's nickname. For example, the CH-46E is the Sea Knight - but it's called the Phrog by those who fly it. It's the same in the F-16's case.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Damn, now I'm curious about pretty much every other airplane I thought I knew the nickname of.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
The block 60's with the conformal tanks and upgraded avionics is one BAMF. Too bad the USAF isn't getting any...

I read a pretty cool article once about the viper. To sum it up the brains behind the F-16 engineering said that they would have pushed the F-16XL design more if they knew what the F-16 mission was going to turn into. More fuel and more payload for trolling around and dropping the occasional bomb.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
The block 60's with the conformal tanks and upgraded avionics is one BAMF. Too bad the USAF isn't getting any...

I read a pretty cool article once about the viper. To sum it up the brains behind the F-16 engineering said that they would have pushed the F-16XL design more if they knew what the F-16 mission was going to turn into. More fuel and more payload for trolling around and dropping the occasional bomb.

F-16XL, that's the one with the full delta wing, right?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
This thread started me remembering something I hadn't thought about for some time, the Northrup YF-17 flyoff vs the general Dynamics YF-16. I had always thought it was kind of ironic that the Navy would eventually choose the better aircraft. (The YF-17 was the forerunner/prototype to what eventually became the F/A-18.)

I will agree that the Super Hornet is a better all-around fighter/attack a/c than the F-16. The true shame is that the US Navy spent $20bn+ on the A,B,C & D models before it got the E/F. The F-16 A thru C is a better all-around a/c (IMHO) than the F-18 A thru D. The Israeli F-16I is better than both of them & probably a lot less expensive than the Super Hornet.

phantomphixer82

All planes have nick names, F-4 flying brick, pig, rhino, or several other names, F-14 Turkey, FA-18 Lawn Dart, and on and on goes the names