• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-18 Faze out date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I assume the OP was referring to the legacy model Hornets? Considering they got a new batch of C's in the last few years I doubt it will be terribly soon.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Making home brew? As a high school senior? Keep in mind that when you post, people look at your profile. Those people could easilly be your future bosses...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Making home brew? As a high school senior? Keep in mind that when you post, people look at your profile. Those people could easilly be your future bosses...

That's an interesting issue. At what point in the fermentation process does it become an MIP? I wonder if there are laws regarding the sale of brewing materials to minors.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I assume the OP was referring to the legacy model Hornets? Considering they got a new batch of C's in the last few years I doubt it will be terribly soon.

They aren't new. The Hornet hasn't been in production for some time now.

gaetabob

pilot
That's an interesting issue. At what point in the fermentation process does it become an MIP? I wonder if there are laws regarding the sale of brewing materials to minors.

Brett
I don't think the brew supply stores are supposed to sell the recipe kits to minors...you can buy the fermenting equipment, just not the syrups and yeast (at least I always got carded when I did). As for fementation, it takes 10-21 days for the initial batch to become potent (+7-10 days to carbonate)...should yield about 5 gallons of brew per batch...great for those extended underways! :tongue2_1 Hope that answers your Naval Aviation question there, Brett.:D

p.s. before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I haven't ever brought my brew kit onboard nor alcohol...yet

BigRed389

None
I've got a few friends who got their recipes from a college prof, and they've been brewing since freshman year. No problems getting supplies...they just improvised. Ingredients alone apparently are totally legal to sell to minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.