• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-18 over Love Field/Dallas

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

When confronted w/ this knowledge, one of the young ladies in a F/A class said:

"DO YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE BEEN A PILOT IF I'D GONE TO SCHOOL FOR TWO MORE WEEKS .... "??!!?? :eek:

Ain't this a great country .... :D

I think I knew the same F/A....(or F/A's?)

It was and is a great country, but it lost something when the old "Poor Sailor's Airline" F/A's stopped flying the California Coast every 30 minutes in Hot Pants! :tongue2_1 (You got a pic for the young-uns?) ;)

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
It's great! I usually have my chauffeur drive me and a few of my friends there from campus in our coordinated polos with the collars obligatorily popped. After spending some time chargin up Dad's plastic we go to Javier's to have some cigar's and talk about how cool we are because we go to SMU.

I knew it! I will say the nice thing about SMU (besides the abnormally large amount of collar poppers) is the girls are freaking hot... Too bad I don't make enough money as a poor JO!

Cooldude86b1a2d2-4b5a-45f7-82c8-548cf65970e7.jpg

smumaustin

pilot
Uptown is what used to be the ex-slave town of Dallas called Freedman's town. They tore all the old shanties down years ago though and replaced them with overpriced apartments and shops for us "snooty SMU" kids to spend our parents money on. It's the area west of 75, south of Knox and north of Pearl (for those who are familiar). It's great! I usually have my chauffeur drive me and a few of my friends there from campus in our coordinated polos with the collars obligatorily popped. After spending some time chargin up Dad's plastic we go to Javier's to have some cigar's and talk about how cool we are because we go to SMU.

Being a former SMU grad myself I sure do miss those days! HA!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Uptown is what used to be the ex-slave town of Dallas called Freedman's town..... I usually have my chauffeur drive me and a few of my friends there from campus in our coordinated polos with the collars obligatorily popped. After spending some time chargin up Dad's plastic we go to Javier's to have some cigar's and talk about how cool we are because we go to SMU.
O.K. ... got the locale now.

Dad's limo -- very nice. Then I suppose it IS true that the Highland Park High School had Perrier in the drinking fountains ... ??? :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yeah ... I don't know what to tell you.

Back-in-the-day, there was Gilley's (and some wanna-be clones) and Disco ... take your pick.

HEY!!! Come to think of it; John Revolta starred in both cinema versions ... what is one to make of THAT ... ??? :eek:

gilleysxt4.jpg
saturdaynightfeverng5.jpg

I thought Gilley's was in Pasadena, Tx??

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
When I am king, it will be stewardesses and stewards. None of this androgynous PC bullshat.

And the hot Southwest girls need to come back. And no, not the original ones that are still there, but are fat, frumpy and generally bitchy.

Try "skywaitress". It has a better ring to it, in my opinion.

All domestic airlines have lost the bubble when it comes to skywaitresses. The ones to which you refer are known to me as "skyhags".

Fly JAL, ANA, or Sing and you'll have much hotter ones.

Brn N Rubr

Definitely wasn't from Five Nine. That's who I'm stationed with (FTS/Active). We fly big boy C-40s (737-700). We're right across the ramp from the Marine Hornet boys. I get a jealous hard-on everytime they fire 'em up. One day I'll be in the seat. One day.

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
I was sitting outside at a restaurant in Uptown Dallas today and saw an F-18 fly right through the approach path to Love Field today. Anyone out there know whose it was? My guess is that he could have been out of VR-59 in Ft. Worth (I think those guys are still around). Regardless of who it was though, it was pretty awesome. I heard that roar that separates fighters from the rest of the jets that constantly fly over and almost dropped my hamburger when I saw it go by.

I'd be willing to bet it was the Cowboys of 112, as well.

I'd guess you meant VFA-201 versus VR-59? Who, As already has been mentioned; Decomm'd last Spring (Real Shame. Great group of Guys. I'm sure Mousse will agree with me there!)