• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-18 Squadrons

LtFluco

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where all of the USMC Hornet squadrons were located as well as the RAG. I have done some searching with no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Marines don't fly Super Hornets, but if you want to know where Super Hornets squadrons are: Oceana, Lemoore, Japan.

Edit: Marines can go to the RAG at VMFAT-101 at Miramar, VFA-125 at Lemoore, or VFA-106 at Oceana. Marine Hornet squadrons are in Miramar, Beaufort, and Japan. There may be another location, I'm not sure.

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
Only Marine FRS is in Miramar, CA (VMFAT-101), but as Fly Navy has stated, Marines can go through the FRS in Lemoore, Oceana or Miramar. Same, same for Navy guys.

As for Marine Hornet squadrons, the locations are as follows: Miramar, Beaufort, Iwakuni, Fort Worth, and Atlanta.

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
Yep.....Fort Worth is VMFA-112 Cowboys and Atlanta is VMFA-142 Gators. Although "Reserve" units, they are still Marine Hornet squadrons!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep.....Fort Worth is VMFA-112 Cowboys and Atlanta is VMFA-142 Gators. Although "Reserve" units, they are still Marine Hornet squadrons!

Haha ok, I was looking at the question as one of where a new Marine pilot could go. Good point though :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yep.....Fort Worth is VMFA-112 Cowboys ....
VMFA-112 Cowboys .... pound for pound ... 'da BEST F-4 Phantom drivers I ever worked against.

Officers & gentlemen, good headwork, good SA, good tactics, good sticks ..... and unlike VF-201/202, they didn't whine when they got hammered. They just learned from it and got "better" ... :)

vmfa112gh0.jpg

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
Hey now....any "current" Hunter can hold his definitive own against any adversary....and even learn a few things from some of those who are the wiser.

Fox Three....!

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Are Reserve Marine hornet squadrons structured similarily to their AF reserve/ANG counterparts? In other words, are you allowed to fly often if that is your choice?

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
inverted flyer-

Generally the answer is "yes". However, most Reserve Hornet folks find that their flying comes in waves that coincide with detachments.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hey now....any "current" Hunter can hold his definitive own against any adversary........
Good thing I'm still not riding THIS mount so we can test your shaky theory. Yes ... it's one of the ones @ NAS Ft Worth that I used to tear up the Brownwood MOA in ..... go say "hi" to her someday in your spare time ... :)

copyofpicture004smallnq1.jpg

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Are Reserve Marine hornet squadrons structured similarily to their AF reserve/ANG counterparts? In other words, are you allowed to fly often if that is your choice?

I hung out down at VMFA 134s hanger once... they were actually pretty chill and a lt. col. ended up getting myself and another Marine some sim time. Gotta love Miramar. Someday I think it'd be cool to be part of one of those squadrons... they regularely "thwack" viper squadrons that come and challenge them from what I hear... lots of experience to draw from. I suppose I shouldn't think so far into the future however, who knows. Thanks for the inf.

-J

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Good thing I'm still not riding THIS mount so we can test your shaky theory. Yes ... it's one of the ones @ NAS Ft Worth that I used to tear up the Brownwood MOA in ..... go say "hi" to her someday in your spare time ... :)

Spend much time one circle against a Hornet in that old thing? :icon_tong