• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-18's in Colo.

Nose

pilot
Indirectly supporting the GWOT I suppose, but gotta give props to the reservists in the HT's. They are usually some of the better instructors, in my opinion. Plus they give a different perspective when they talk about the civ flying they usually do outside of the military.

1. If you call being an IP supporting GWOT, I can see it, but we looked at stuff like that as a bit of a stretch. It is a valuable service, but it ain't really supporting the war if you do the same thing in peacetime, right? That's part of the problem. USNR calls almost anything you do "Fleet Support" as if the fleet gives a rat's ass that a bunch of reserve quitters are out bagging day traps or controlling fighters, or flying ship support, etc.

2. Quit being a brown nose!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
1. If you call being an IP supporting GWOT, I can see it, but we looked at stuff like that as a bit of a stretch. It is a valuable service, but it ain't really supporting the war if you do the same thing in peacetime, right? That's part of the problem. USNR calls almost anything you do "Fleet Support" as if the fleet gives a rat's ass that a bunch of reserve quitters are out bagging day traps or controlling fighters, or flying ship support, etc.

1. Yeah, it's definitely indirect, but then again, I suppose almost anything could be called indirect support.

2. Not brown nosing it, just calling it as I see it. :icon_tong

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

I suppose it's how you look at it. Right now in the TRACOM, if you're in a flying reserve billet, chances are pretty low to get an IA. Bad for the AD guys, but good for the squadron who gets to continue to utilize the reserve bodies. Then there's the reserve squadrons themselves. They're certainly pulling their weight, both the FTS-ers and the reservists. On the helo side, only one of 4 squadrons doesn't deploy right now, and that one is just getting themselves together since they merged. Before that, it was only 1 of 5 that didn't deploy. I can't speak to the pointy nose guys.

As for the IAs, who's getting them? Certainly a lot of FTS-ers, you could go either way w/ your previous thread. Are we abusing the reserves? Yes and no, the reservists themselves, maybe not, but they're still available to fly the missions while the AD guys take some of the pain.

kirtap

I go to school at CU and for our football game against Missouri, we had a group of f-18s fly over before the game. They also did a practice flyover on that Friday. One of the NROTC staff said they were from Louisiana.

HuggyU2

None
I was talking to an Air Force buddy of mine and he said that, outside of A-10s and F-15Es, hardly any Air Force squadrons are deploying.
I'll be sure to call my U-2 buds in the Desert and let them know that they haven't really been there since '90.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll be sure to call my U-2 buds in the Desert and let them know that they haven't really been there since '90.

Or E-8's, RC-135's, KC-10's, KC-135's, MH-53's, C-130's of many flavors, etc, etc.......;)

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I think my bud was referring mostly to F-15s (pre-structural problems) .... the rest of it was speculation IMO. I can't talk... I haven't deployed for crap... and props to the guys out there bustin' their humps.