• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35 Upcoming Timeline

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
Why does every thread eventually turn into the same question in the end?

Or the same answer..."needs of the service"

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Saladmander said:
I really want to fly the F-35B in the Marines when it comes out. From what I see, most people expect it to become operational between 2009 and 2010. Based on the length of PLC (I'm in college now), TBS, and flight school, if I went through PLC would I stand a chance of flying it? Or would i be better off waiting a couple years after I graduate in 2008 to go through OCS?

An attached question is: In the Marines, can you switch aircraft form the one you trained for? i.e. F-18 or AV-8 ----> F-35?

Hey the Commandant just called - in recognition of your special interest and motivation he has personally reserved a slot for you in a highly important and sensitive airframe: only the best for you!

uh-34profile.jpg

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Note: A quick right click and looking at the properties says that is a UH-34. Not that I know for certain, but it would be my guess :)