• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A-18 for crowd control?

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
"I'm up, they see me, I'm down...wait, they still see me, I'm inside. Shit. I'm underground and I'll try again later."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
firefriendly said:
ghost, what do you want them to do walk straight into a company of marines and get wasted? They aren't that stupid...its just another form of guerilla warfare which is a very smart tactic if you think about it. A small number of people can attack a larger force and then exit without serious casualties. Read Sun Tzu.

Or watch the news/read a book about Allied ops in Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
ghost119 said:
^ you're right, but I hate it when they run away and hide. It pisses me off, shoot and run, shoot and run.

It's called "guerilla warfare." Sucks for us, but for them it is effective. If you were going to fight a dude twice your size-------------------face to face, or hit and move? Go for the KO, but don't stand and trade. So that is the method they use.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
Fly Navy said:
Reply when you understand how not to become a target. Fire and movement. I'm not a Marine and I even know that.

Misson of the USMC squad.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy, by means of fire and manuver. (para-phrase)

Screamtruth

นักมวย
ghost119 said:
Fire, move, fire, move is a little different than shoot and run, isn't it?

Point taken.

But, also remember that there are times when they just don't shoot and run. Sometimes they will plan an amubush and have caches around the area. So they initiate the attack, displace and resume the attack from another location.

The last CAX I did, our SS section used this on the oppfor's. We would shoot from one location, then our sister team would from another, While they shot, we moved and vice versa. It confused the shit out of them. But, obviously, it wasn't the same as real combat, but it proved the tactic. I was buds with a few on the OppFor, and they said their CO was pissed that we OWNED them so bad.

(My team was killed though in the end by the same unit. We WUZ COMPROMISED, Fvcking EE, my a$$:eek: .)