• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/a-18 vs F-16

Lawman

None
Figured.

You want to watch the best arguments on the internet? Watch people argue about which aircraft is better than another. They almost never have any experience in those aircraft, or even FLYING for that matter. It happens all the time on AR15.com with F-14 vs F/A-18. Most ridiciulous arguments ever.

Oh I remember the Turkey vs Bug fights on every aviation forum Im on. Or the AR vs AK fights on the gun forums. And Mustang Vs Camero on the car forums. Makes me want to take an asprine just thinking about them.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
man, just watched Red October on the Military Channel again, now that I've been through ACM I can actually pick up on some stuff, now its all getting pushed out of my head by EW stuff, boooooo

F/A-18 vs MiG-29, that's good stuff

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Mefesto said:
TIVO'd it... much more interesting actually understanding WTF he's talking about. Ceasar flew with my roommate..

yeah, before I'm like, two-circle on the deck, notching, dubya tee eff is that?

now I'm like, ahha, I get it :D

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Mefesto said:
I can relate to what "translating aft" on the canopy looks like. Happens to me all the time... "280?!?! How'd I get this slow???"

no kidding

what the hell, how is he getting better position, oh yeah, I'm bleeding down like a big dog, oh well, time to get back to 300

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Or making that Fox 2 call from the perch, he breaks... ok there's the lateral movement, pull hard for the control zone, over shoot, he pulls up, into the flats, I flush out in front, he kills me... we start over.
Yea, I fvcking hate it when that happens. :banghead_

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Mefesto said:
I especially love getting defensive after the first look of the flats... pitch up, rudder shakers, and WTF he's getting behind me again.

Or making that Fox 2 call from the perch, he breaks... ok there's the lateral movement, pull hard for the control zone, over shoot, he pulls up, into the flats, I flush out in front, he kills me... we start over.

anytime I got into a flats, my plan was to bug, not get offensive, just get a good merge so I can get the hell out of there and setup again

I'd fight in other situations, but I knew flats was always a lose situation for me. Better to run and fight another day.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea, I fvcking hate it when that happens. :banghead_

Let's try this at 12 kts....(read slowly)

Fillout my 200 page PQS, submit my 3M paperwork, overshoot the fat Cheng in the chow line, get reamed by the MPA, miss by DCA watch, run a drill, shut down the plant....start over.

There you go Shoe Boy....SWO ACM equivalent. And damn it sounds exciting....not.