• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Military Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
I also like War and Remembrance, it was a miniseries starting Robert Mitchum set in early WW2. It has Captain harris from Police Academy

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check out The Brotherhood of War. It's a South Korean film about two brothers in the Korean War. Dialog is a little cheesy, though I think that's a translation problem. It's a decent movie.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Fly Navy said:
I've heard Bravo Two Zero is a great film, about SAS (I believe?) in the Gulf War.

Yeah, I'd go for that. Bravo Two Zero - pretty solid flick.

Bridges at Toko-Ri...phew - talk about being angry and on cruise. William Holden nailed it. Awesome movie.

To this day, if The Great Santini is on, I have to watch at least through the O'Club scene in the beginning. Classic stuff we'd be hard pressed to get away with these days I think.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
........My only wish was they showed the Somali enemy for the animals they really were. They did terrible terrible things not shown in that movie......
No can do, as I think these folks would come unglued, don't you? ..... :) ... or do I exaggerate ???

Jesse_Jackson.gif
maxine_ap_manuelbalceceneta.jpg
gettysharpton_large.jpg

The real irony ... when Aidid died from "wounds" in 1996 --- (his militia said he died of a heart attack, but he had two bullet holes in his liver (?) -- so maybe his heart gave out during the operation :) ) --- the dead warlord's faction chose his son, former U.S. Marine Hussein Mohammed Farah, to succeed him. Well, at least the kid was well trained .....

Back to the movies .... if you want to go semi "artsy-fartsy" as some here are apparently heading towards --- try:

The 317th Platoon (1965) [font=verdana,arial,helvetica]- English subtitles -
317esection.jpg
- Directed by Pierre Schoendorfer, a Dienbienphu paratrooper, photographed by Raoul Coutard, who shot "Breathless" (the real one, Godard's) and most of Truffaut's best films. It's black & white, and I think is possibly the best Vietnam war flick ever made .... however if you want your Hollywood "visual kicks", don't go here -- it's too realistic and grim and you will need more hype to "entertain" you. If you were a combat vet, a Vietnam line doggie, or SF or LRRP --- this movie will speak to you.[/font]

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
No can do, as I think these folks would come unglued, don't you? ..... :) ... or do I exaggerate ???

They'd probably have massive anuerisms..... hey that's not such a bad thing. :)

Rg9

pilot
Does Star Wars count? It's the movie that made me want to join the military. By the way, what percent get X-Wings?

Otherwise, I'd have to say "Patton":

Attachments

• 185811.jpg
    185811.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 14

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
what about "the blue max" (1966)

Havent seen it in awhile but remembered it being a good movie about ww1 and aviation.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Wow, I'm disappointed that none of you share my love for Kelly's Heroes. Donald Sutherland is the most powerful tank commander I've ever seen in my life.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you get a chance check out "RAid on Entebbe" About teh Israeli rescue of hostages in Uganda. A well planned and executed operation. The movie has some cheese but very little.

Lawman

None
The Boys in Company C

Greatest movie ever made about the Marine Corps, F*ck that Stanley Kubrick junk, the only saving grace in Full Metal Jacket was Ermy and thats because Kubrick had the brains enough not to go messing around with what Ermy actually did as a DI. The back half of the movie is a waste of 40 minutes.

The Great Escape is one that seems to have been ignored on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.