• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fighter Bonus?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Huh. The Whale (18-wheeler) international "bonus" over the domestic narrowbody stipend was > 100K/annum .... :eek:

I guess it's all relative, though ....
:)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Huh. The Whale (18-wheeler) international "bonus" over the domestic narrowbody stipend was > 100K/annum .... :eek:

I guess it's all relative, though .... :)

And the upper management's bonus was 7 or 8 times that, so yes I suppose it is all relative.
(simulated smiles)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
And the upper management's bonus was 7 or 8 times that, so yes I suppose it is all relative.
(simulated smiles)

It always is ... relative, that is. But yeah, it's funny that with all that $$$$ largess bestowed upon them in the form of inflated paychecks, they still envy and hate the pilots.

Especially the Captains .... and especially the 747 Captains. That always DID make up for the pay differential. :D

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
It always is ... relative, that is. But yeah, it's funny that with all that $$$$ largess bestowed upon them in the form of inflated paychecks, they still envy and hate the pilots.

Especially the Captains .... and especially the 747 Captains. That always DID make up for the pay differential. :D

It would take a lot of envy and hate to make up a 7x pay discrepancy for me!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It would take a lot of envy and hate to make up a 7x pay discrepancy for me!
True, true ... perhaps I should have said "most" of the envy and hate ... etc., etc. :)

But still -- with these guys, it ain't about the $$$$ ... it's about "POWER" and mebbe "CONTROL" .... they already have more $$$$ than they can ever spend. Nothing pisses upper management off more than when they "lose" the power ... lose "hand", if you will .... and you -- the blue collar union member with the white collar and four stripes -- has the "hand" they never will command.

Still remember once when I picked up a new 747 @ Boeing -- the CEO asked me a question and in response I said "blah, blah, blah ... and that's the way it is ... blah, blah, blah" (or words to that effect) ..... he screwed up his face, tilted his head left & right like a dog trying to figure something out that he'd just seen/heard .... and then made a magnanimous sweeping gesture with his arm and said:

"Come ... walk with me".:eek: I thought I'd just seen Jesus .... :D

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I think that every other time that they "upped" the bonus that folks were allowed to upgrade. One of my phrog buddies told me that. His year (probably the same as yours) was "the first" to not be allowed to upgrade. This, of course, did not disuade me from constantly rubbing it in about it.

"Hey dude, I'm not sure I have enough for lunch at Taco Bell today. Can I borrow your bonus?"

"Hey, I think I found you bonus last night when I was cleaning out the lint trap on my dryer"

It never gets old, does it?

I gotcher frickin' bonus right here, jerky!

Attachments

• crotch.jpg
    crotch.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 114

KBayDog

Choose your rate, choose your fate.

Read: If you choose to fly Harriers, you do so realizing that you will most likely wind up in a HMM at some point in your career.

In other words, quit whining about "Phrog Burn." You know what you are getting into.

:D