• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

michael james

I talked to Mr. Celestin on 26 February and said that I'm slotted for 14Apr but application is waiting for final approval. For my prior enlisted folks how far out do you get your orders? I still have to do my TIS and checkout process so it's cutting close. Thank you

serratafranklin

Checking in, received ProRec Y on 27 Mar 2019 for SUPPO. My application was forwarded today for final selection with a request to attend the 26 May OCS Class. Let's see how long it takes for orders to pop.

SilverSierra

Future SWO
Greetings,

I am glad to see such a supportive community of officers and future candidates here. Curious about what to expect for myself, as my officer recruiter regularly dodges questions about my anticipated timelines. I have been pretty much going at it blind for nearly 10 months, but now I see many other applicants have experienced delays and setbacks.
Prior drama notwithstanding; I have completed the brunt of my application package that I am aware of and am waiting to hear back from an officer review board on May 8th, allegedly. If all goes well, I am hoping to make it to OCS by June, but without any way of knowing right now. I am a former Marine infantryman and have requested SWO - but I have no idea if my application is competitive, or how many acceptance positions versus active applications there are.
Could anyone speak on the probability of my May/June expectations? I am just now learning about 'PROREC' and 'FINSEL'; so, I have no knowledge as to how those dates will apply to my situation.

Thank you, all.

CBryant932

Well I just received my final selection Wednesday!
Board convene date: FEB 11
Board results: FEB 15
Final Selection: APR 3
Class Date: MAY 26

This has been one heck of a process, but I am happy to have made it to this point. One thing to take away from this process is that you cannot be scared to ask questions. No matter how stupid you think it is, there are probably others that need help with it to. Good luck to everyone else on your road to OCS and I pray we will all be able to persevere to reach our goal of becoming Naval Officers.

eminemdiy123

Checking in, received ProRec Y on 27 Mar 2019 for SUPPO. My application was forwarded today for final selection with a request to attend the 26 May OCS Class. Let's see how long it takes for orders to pop.
How to forward the application for final selection? Or what way you know your application was forwarded?

Rocki

ENS/SNA
Checking in from the February 11th SWO board. I spoke to Mr. Celestine yesterday about when I can expect a final confirmation for my OCS class. He said my application is with the director awaiting final approval. He requested the May 26th class date for me.
I have a couple questions though. I am a Navy reservist and I was wondering if I need to be doing any paperwork about a change in service or the release document DD 368. I’m pretty much on my own as I’m the first OCS candidate my COC has had to deal with.
Also while awaiting final selection is there anything that can change your PROREC Y to a no instead? Or is it safe to say we are actually selected and just awaiting final orders?

--------

I am extremely curious about all of this. As I am relatively new to everything on here, I would like to state what has been processed on my behalf.

I made the Q2 board (March 11th or March 1st if I am not mistaken) for SNA. I now am just waiting to hear back from the recruiter I guess?

I have come across some terms, I tried to acquaint myself with them but I would like some confirmation.

• PROREC Y - Professional recommendation (Meaning that the board professionally recommended that individual)?
  • FINSEL - Final select letter (Letter of final selection), following that letter, you would then receive a ship date?
-----
* Who is Mr. Celestine?

Can someone please advise on the questions "bullet-ed" above?

ALSO my main question develops from reading all of this information on air warriors, specifically on this thread. AS I HAVE submitted my SNA packet for the March board; and it was accepted, how long should I be waiting (approximately) to hear back for a PROREC Y / or even a denial?

Thank you in advance.

CBryant932

--------

I am extremely curious about all of this. As I am relatively new to everything on here, I would like to state what has been processed on my behalf.

I made the Q2 board (March 11th or March 1st if I am not mistaken) for SNA. I now am just waiting to hear back from the recruiter I guess?

I have come across some terms, I tried to acquaint myself with them but I would like some confirmation.

• PROREC Y - Professional recommendation (Meaning that the board professionally recommended that individual)?
  • FINSEL - Final select letter (Letter of final selection), following that letter, you would then receive a ship date?
-----
* Who is Mr. Celestine?

Can someone please advise on the questions "bullet-ed" above?

ALSO my main question develops from reading all of this information on air warriors, specifically on this thread. AS I HAVE submitted my SNA packet for the March board; and it was accepted, how long should I be waiting (approximately) to hear back for a PROREC Y / or even a denial?

Thank you in advance.

So since getting my final selection I have come to understand that final selection is simply getting your class date. If you are Pro Rec Y then you are good. Your medical and security clearance was already looked at before the board even convened so you would have been made aware if there were any issues.

Mr. Celestine is the fleet processor. Meaning he handles all current fleet applicants from the Navy. If you are in another branch or are a civilian you go through your recruiter. So you would not talk to him at all. My understanding in going through the recruiter is that he/she will keep you informed if any other paperwork is needed from you and let you know when you get your final selection. When I talked to Mr. Celestine about the status of my final selection he said the Director who processes the final selection letters is swamped. He said as of now he is concentrating on those leaving within 30 days. So whatever release date you gave your recruiter I would expect something about a month or so out from that.
I hope this helps.

Rocki

ENS/SNA
@CBryant932
-----
Thank you for the response and adhering to my questions. I really do appreciate it.

I am a civilian, going through a recruiter, so I have not received anything yet because to my knowledge the board has not convened. (March board if that makes sense). It's concerning to hear that the director is slammed (regarding my selection odds).

I can say reading everything on here can sometimes make an individual nervous about their packet, but you just have to remember who you are, why you are committing to apply to be a Naval officer (in my case) or military officer.

I am in a very unique situation, im 19, graduating in May with my B.A.S. (3.56), I have my PPL with over 100 hours of flight time working into my IFR license, not truly impressive ASTB scores but good collateral scores I figure (42, 5/7/6), driven motivational statement along with sincere letters. No medical issues, perfect vision and physically built. I am extremely driven and cannot wait to hear back, I would love to serve my country as a Naval Officer and I am willing to abide by Honor, maintain Courage and sustain my Commitment to serve my country.

I appreciate everything, thank you.

jrossit2

@CBryant932

I am a civilian, going through a recruiter, so I have not received anything yet because to my knowledge the board has not convened. (March board if that makes sense). It's concerning to hear that the director is slammed (regarding my selection odds).

There wasn't a March SNA board...it's April 24th.

eminemdiy123

Thank you for response.
I didn't get the email, they only sent to CO. My COC told me the NRC need my HIV result for the further process. I found out I get selected on BOL. Since my COC didn't say any words to me so far, I am not sure what is next step. And I want to go to school before the August.
On the email notification for your ProRec Y, it should state that your application is forwarded for final approval.

serratafranklin

Thank you for response.
I didn't get the email, they only sent to CO. My COC told me the NRC need my HIV result for the further process. I found out I get selected on BOL. Since my COC didn't say any words to me so far, I am not sure what is next step. And I want to go to school before the August.
What I did, I routed a special request chit through my COC for them to approve my release for transfer with a specific class date. Just look up the OCS classes on CETARS (the school code is 03W5). And on your special request chit state that you want to attend a specific class date so that they can send an email to NRC stating that you want to go into a specific class date.