• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Finding the Slate You Want

apollo8406

I have a question for any detailers out there or, for that matter, anyone who has experience in redesignation. I recently decided that flying wasn't for me and now I'm going SWO. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a list of currently available 1st tour DIVO slates. Looking forward to your feedback.

MasterBates

Well, with the recent SWO manning changes, the following are available:

Fluffer
Chubby Chaser
Rimmer

Take your pick!

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Well, to be fair, apollo, this is a Naval Aviator forum. Poo flinging is mandatory. I'd honestly help you if I knew...but since I don't...might as well have fun!

MasterBates

Wow, what insightful responses....cmon, who wastes their time to write that trash?

Me, the infamous MasterBates, that's who.

Flying not for you? Who are you? Left Eye Lewie?!?!!

Just remember, for each one of you homo's that decides "flying isn't for you" there were 10 guys who would give their left nut to be a NFO or Pilot. And you took a spot they would have glady taken.

Flight school is not Naval Aviation, in the "real world" sense. People who quit because "flight school sucks" should be forced to be a fluffer.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Please. I posted a response initially, but soft deleted it. I guess I shouldn't have. If someone doesn't want to be there, I don't want them to be there either. The system is designed for attrition and there's plenty of others that will fill the gap shortly. Leave the guy alone unless there's something productive to add.

Apollo, I don't know the answer, but you might want to talk to your StuCon that's responsible for you while you're in hold. They might put you in touch w/ the detailer. I wouldn't recommend calling on your own just yet, though. Lewie might have some better SWO gouge.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flight school is not Naval Aviation, in the "real world" sense. People who quit because "flight school sucks" should be forced to be a fluffer.
And people who jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts are destined to live in a trailer.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't recommend calling on your own just yet, though. Lewie might have some better SWO gouge.
I would absolutely be calling the detailer. You're probably not going to find a slate though for 1st tour divo spots....at least not right now.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would absolutely be calling the detailer. You're probably not going to find a slate though for 1st tour divo spots....at least not right now.

I'm a little fuzzy on how much Pers appreciates someone who is essentially an accession calling, but it might not be a big deal. All I'm saying is I would ask whoever the StuCon guy is there.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Funny...is it just me or does Left Eye's SWO pin look slightly bigger and shinier than Phrog'sShoeWife's? :confused:

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm a little fuzzy on how much Pers appreciates someone who is essentially an accession calling, but it might not be a big deal. All I'm saying is I would ask whoever the StuCon guy is there.
Most definitely still need to communicate with StuCon as well. But I wouldn't expect them to know the answers to my questions or even trust that they'll get the answers. I realize that the aviation community is used to having a middleman in the deal, but SWO's just don't do that. We are expected to communicate early and often with our detailer. I can say from experience when I redesignated, I contacted the SWO detailer along with other detailers from Intel, Nuke (subs), and aviation (for gen av) and then went up to Millington to meet each and every one of them. None of them had any problems with that whatsoever.