• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

    Go here:

    Edit Account Details and Profile

Fleet week NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustus

Registered User
Taken in Cunningham Park today, enjoy.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7749.webp
    IMG_7749.webp
    109.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7750.webp
    IMG_7750.webp
    79.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Like
Reactions: E5B
Took these on the USS Kennedy today. Toured the Porter, as well; I'll go back tommorow for the Shrevport and Marine Day in Bryant Park. Atmosphere is much sudued from the last time I went to fleet week, 7 or 8 years ago, and the tour was much shorter (I remember actually getting to walk about inside a DDG, this time we just looped from the fantail to the forecastle and back).
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0708.webp
    DSCN0708.webp
    204 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN0709.webp
    DSCN0709.webp
    237.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN0710.webp
    DSCN0710.webp
    229.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0711.webp
    DSCN0711.webp
    188.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0712.webp
    DSCN0712.webp
    165.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN0713.webp
    DSCN0713.webp
    260.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0714.webp
    DSCN0714.webp
    283.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0715.webp
    DSCN0715.webp
    180.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0716.webp
    DSCN0716.webp
    232.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN0717.webp
    DSCN0717.webp
    272.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0718.webp
    DSCN0718.webp
    247 KB · Views: 32
  • Like
Reactions: E5B
Yea, I remember several years back seeing cobras and hueys together with the seaknights, this year it was just the seaknights. I talked to one of the helo pilots a LtCol. he told me most cobras were tapped out. Presumably for the war. Nice pics mmx1
 
Supposed to be Friday, 12-6 in Bryant Park. Weather hasn't been agreeable and the flyover was cancelled I believe. Don't expect the rain to daunt the Marines, though.

What's supposed to happen at Marine Day? Never went before.
 
Nice pics fellas. One of these days I'll make it over there for fleet week.
 
Went there ~2, absolutely nothing going on.

Watched the relays at the Intrepid, man those sailors can run. Whipped the two Marine teams, and the SEAL teams did pretty poorly.
 
Heading down to NYC tomorrow to meet up w/ a friend from the Porter. Question about NYC. I'm going to meet him comming off the staton island ferry. The directions I got weren't very good, something about battery park. Can anyone help me w/ directions? I'm comming in from Rhode Island so I'll be on 95
 
mmx1 said:
Went there ~2, absolutely nothing going on.

Watched the relays at the Intrepid, man those sailors can run. Whipped the two Marine teams, and the SEAL teams did pretty poorly.

I decided to get off my ass and go down there before it finished. Got there at 1530 and saw nothing. mmx1 are you heading to PLC tommorrow?
 
fc2spyguy said:
Heading down to NYC tomorrow to meet up w/ a friend from the Porter. Question about NYC. I'm going to meet him comming off the staton island ferry. The directions I got weren't very good, something about battery park. Can anyone help me w/ directions? I'm comming in from Rhode Island so I'll be on 95

I work down around there. Down in that area, 95 is the Jersey Turnpike. I think you want the eastern spur - take the Lincoln Tunnel in. (It's further north than the Holland, but requires less work.) Get on the West Side Highway (route 9A) and head south. You'll probably see signs.

I plan to go in myself on Sunday. Will take pictures, for anyone who's interested.
 
I'm headed to combined next week, flight leaves Sunday morn. We had some 1st increment folks in today for their pre-ship brief, got to chat with them.
 
FYI: The Blue Angels are performing today at NAS Willow Grove (1 1/2 hours from NYC). The MH-53 in the pics above is from HMH-772 "Hustlers" out of NAS Willow Grove, they're part of MAG-49 also here..
 
  • Like
Reactions: E5B
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top