• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight of the Intruder

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
flightintruderdvd.jpg
grummana-6ei_2_lrg.jpg
I'm late -- sapping my vital fluids elsewhere -- but I think you guys have this one pretty much scoped out. Coonts still goes up to Oak Harbor when a new book comes out -- part of his book tour. Nostalgia. With his newer, replacement model wife ... :) I wonder what the "original issue" thinks about his success now ....

A couple of the names -- "Boxman" and "Cowboy Parker" were actual people in other squadrons -- the names, at least. I do not know if the book/movie characters were based on them. Jake's original B/N, the one who was shot -- is also "based" on an actual occurence. I cannot remember the precise time/squadron -- but it happened.

Danny Glover? Strange casting ... not too many black squadron CO's with Italian surnames in the 70's ....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Danny Glover is a left-wing military-hating lunatic. Any badassness of his role in that film is cancelled out and then some by his lunacy.
Badassness! That's my new favorite word.

Brett

B

Blutonski816

gregsivers said:
Hell yeah. The first time I saw Boondock Saints I refused to believe he was gay in it cause he's so badass.

Right on!!

Attachments

• The Boondock Saints_0002.jpg
    The Boondock Saints_0002.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 63

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dafoe is gay? But, he played Jesus in Last Temptation. How can this be?

Brett

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BRETT! Go to the video store and rent "Boondock Saints". Like, RIGHT NOW. Ridiculously good shoot-em-up about 2 Irish hooligans as vigilantes in Boston. Dafoe plays a (gay) FBI agent and is pretty damn scary. You won't regret it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
BRETT! Go to the video store and rent "Boondock Saints". Like, RIGHT NOW. Ridiculously good shoot-em-up about 2 Irish hooligans as vigilantes in Boston. Dafoe plays a (gay) FBI agent and is pretty damn scary. You won't regret it.
Cool, thanks. BTW, speaking of (anti)Christ, nice post number.

Brett

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
zab1001 said:

Zab's right, excellent movie, and supposedly there is a sequel coming out sometime.

beau

"Oh, we arent goin'a need any rope, eh?"
"What were you going to do....laugh the other three to death....FUNNYMAN???"

oh man, must see movie again!!!

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
greenly, i might be wanting a donut with my coffee.

--

we'll start the butt kissing with.. you.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
boondock saints

boondock saints is a must for any military man. that said since every damn one i know has seen it

Status
Not open for further replies.