• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying clubs / General Aviation

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Sorry, didn't get around to sending it. Here's the story I got from the offending pilot. I'll post it here since it appears there are more than a few people interested.

First of all. The NUW flying club had a pretty bad safety record for the last couple of years. I can tell you that several NUW flying club aircraft were destroyed in crashes, with at least one fatality over the past couple of years.

The straw, as its told to me, was a pilot who used a life flight call sign to get priority clearance out of NUW. The story goes:

His wife's uncle/grandfather/old man relative had a stroke/heart attack/ailment on the other coast and she needed to get to the airport to travel. He decided it would be quicker to fly her down to Seattle (presumably Boeing Field) rather than drive. He used an aircraft from the Flying Club. It was a weekend, or maybe a Friday night - either way P-3s were bouncing. He sat and sat at the hold short while the military aircraft with priority were allowed to continue. At some point he became frustrated with the delay and changed his call sign to something that closely resembled a life flight sortie, maybe "angel flight" or something like that. He was given take off clearance shortly after a P-3 was discontinued and he went on his way. Phone calls were made by ATC, RADCON, and P-3 crew to clarify what had happened. The story began to come together.

This fan was stronger than the shit come Monday. O-6 involvement from CPRW-10, etc etc.