• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For Firefighting The 747 Is King... The P-3 Ia A Big Pussy

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sounds like another job many of us are familiar with....

Whoa, easy there throwing arrows. Those are Echo birds, not your ghetto Golf aircraft.

By the way, I find it interesting that that picture is probably at least 15 years old, if not older, but I recognize pretty much every legible side number and have flown in almost every one there. Long in the tooth, for sure.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Touche, though they were taking delivery of some real nice looking former FRS T-34's when I left corpus

No doubt. They were actually the Strike Fighter Weapon School's T-34s (most likely). The weapon school then proceeded to take T-34s away from "others." Why they need 5 planes to get to Fentress is beyond me, but don't get me started.

A good deal lost.

Attachments

• T34Bahamas3.jpg
    T34Bahamas3.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 60
  • T34Bahamas4.jpg
    T34Bahamas4.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 53

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Those are some cool looking turbo weenies. IIRC the ones we got were from -125 out in Lemoore and had similar blue paint and shark's teeth to the ones out in Oceana.

flyingmaniac

I'd like to see a 747 do a steep turns to Commercial PTS. I know a P-3 can do it with no ease at all. Remember, props are more fun to fly!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'd like to see a 747 do a steep turns to Commercial PTS. I know a P-3 can do it with no ease at all. Remember, props are more fun to fly!
Works the same way in the aircraft as it does in the sim. Do them every time.

I had the pleasure of being the FE in the DC-10 for a type ride done in the aircraft. Yup....steep turns done well within commercial PTS standards.

I did a DC-10 acceptance flight for Cargo Italia after a D check a couple of years ago. Everything in the manufacturer's manual to ring out a fresh from the factory new aircraft (like new in this case). 60 degree bank turns within PTS limits. Now maintaining altitude on one engine - that was a lot more difficult.

BTW - I edited your signature. I took out the link to your commercial site as we don't allow spammers on here. If you want to advertise, contact the webmaster. I did leave the link to the gay site though.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'd like to see a 747 do a steep turns to Commercial PTS.
You've obviously never 'max-performed' a WHALE on 4 ... 3 ... 2 .... even 1 engine(s) --- not in the sim, but on pilot training hops ... and some of it under 1000' AGL .... or you wouldn't make such a statement. :)

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
What makes props better for this sort of thing? The video stated that the 747 could drop at 140 kts. Can the P-3 do any better?

Just curious if most of the problems with the 747 are because of the pilots or the aircraft.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Would that "low level" be at 2500 feet?

Hey, I know you helo guys like to keep it short, sweet,and can barely get it up...

Don't be hating just because you never have to change the time on your watch on a"long" flight and get nosebleeds when you can't read the signs on that road you're following.

Let me know next time you break 200 KIAS and get to fly OVER the Rockies and not AROUND...:D

Pickle