• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Former CO gets 42 months!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wonder if his "desk job" was similar to the diaper astronaut lady. Lot's of desk jobs at the MCAS Miramar Consolidated brig I hear....

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Interesting. Seems there is a trend of very minor punishment for sexual assault by senior officers. I remember there were several complaints over a period of 3 years about conduct by the Doc at Yoko and the Navy ignored it for some time, and then when they couldn't ignore it any longer and had to punish him, just discharged him. We preach personal accountability to the young sailors, then stuff like this happens.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
So he rapes, assaults, and sodomizes at least 2 women under his command, and he gets only 3.5 years (10 years, suspended down to 42 months if he stays out of trouble)? That's pretty vile.

And lowflier, there is still a lot of talk around here about the Yoko doc, since he treated Atsugi women as well. To say that the way it was handled undermined people's confidence in Naval medicine (and the bigger notion that "the Navy will do what it needs to to take care of saliors and their families") is an understatement.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I seem to recall that this is far from the first sacking of a CO involved in "fun & frolic" in Bahrain.:rolleyes:
BzB

Oops, Gomenasai... mistook this for a different CO firing incident. The Bahrain questions remain and are still valid.
BzB

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Slightly, OT, but . . .anyone got the gouge on why the CO of MCBH Kaneohe was fired recently?

KBayDog

What's with Bahrain? Something in the water? Is it now the new "Olongapo" of the Middle East?

It's a different Navy, my friend.

Case-in-point: Last time I was in Subic (the new "commercial" port), Olongapo was off-limits. Shore patrol was several deep ensuring nobody stepped foot onto the bridge.

As for Bahrain (and I realize you're talking about a different incident), I have no idea what it's like to be stationed there long-term. However, I have visited there numerous times, and the behavior of our Sailors and Marines is typically much, much better than you'd expect of similarly-aged people who imbibe on some overpriced Fizzy Yellow Stuff after having just spent literally months working 14+ hour days on a teetotaling floating gray prison, with nothing to drink except JP-5 laced water or "milk" that (sometimes) flows out of a plastic teat.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
It's a different Navy, my friend.

Case-in-point: Last time I was in Subic (the new "commercial" port), Olongapo was off-limits. Shore patrol was several deep ensuring nobody stepped foot onto the bridge.

As for Bahrain (and I realize you're talking about a different incident), I have no idea what it's like to be stationed there long-term. However, I have visited there numerous times, and the behavior of our Sailors and Marines is typically much, much better than you'd expect of similarly-aged people who imbibe on some overpriced Fizzy Yellow Stuff after having just spent literally months working 14+ hour days on a teetotaling floating gray prison, with nothing to drink except JP-5 laced water or "milk" that (sometimes) flows out of a plastic teat.

I made two port calls to SBMA and we got into Po City and Barrio Barreta each time.

It's still the wild west there (2009) but there are very few Americans there. Most of the Caucasians running around are Brit Ex-Pats. There wasn't any animosity from the local merchants, but there still is some elements that are looking to put American servicemen in compromising situations for political reasons.

Needless to say the liquor was cheap, the diving was pretty good (ex-USS NEW YORK) still has her guns and prop on her, which is a rare sight while diving, and the night life runs the full spectrum of what you've heard (minus the Cubi Point tail hook ride)

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
So he rapes, assaults, and sodomizes at least 2 women under his command, and he gets only 3.5 years (10 years, suspended down to 42 months if he stays out of trouble)? That's pretty vile.

Agreed. In a business where a good officer making "offensive" videos can cost him his job, you would think rape would get you more than a slap on the wrist. This asshole should have gone away for a LONG time.