• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Four bad guys and a lucky dog

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Sorry Chuncks, but did it ever occur to you that some of these non-wingers have actual experience vs video games? I think you are insulting them, especially when two said exactly what aircraft it was that was firing. Were they wrong? Any feedback?

First off, I assumed, since most of the audience on this site is younger than me that they didn't have the experience. If you had been a member a little longer than 1.5 months, you'd have seen that too. So, yes, I'm an ass for making an assumption...but there was no ill intent. On top of that, Naval aviation is a lot of smart ass remarks...why? Because it makes the tension and responsibility we all have on a daily basis a little more bearable. I'll hopefully get an opportunity to fly your son or daughter if they go helos and that's a very exhausting and intense (but fun) endeavor. That's why I do it...but I can't do it without poking a little fun at my peers (which your son or daughter is when he's my co-pilot at 200' and 125MPH)...Which leads me to my second point...

I have a lot more interesting things to do than to insult via an online web forum. There was a debate regarding the aircraft platform from which they were firing...and I threw in my 2cents...that's what we do here for fun. If they have taken offense, I probably would have recieved a personal message or a public lashing regarding their actual practical knowledge. I didn't so I didn't think they took offense, and I apologize that you did.

I have no idea if they were wrong, and don't really care...I know the end result is 4 less bad guys shooting at my friends...and that's cool. So have some fun and it's "Chunks" as in to blow "Chunks", which I did when I flew in the T-34 my first 2 times.

Long story short: No disrespect intended...just having fun...we have to otherwise shit gets too serious...

~Dan

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
I love this video. If I am feeling down, I play this video and I feel much, much better. I just watched it about 15 times and I am on cloud 9. Damn, I feel good. REP.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The A-10 guys over in OEF about a year ago played OEF Bingo....You fill in a square for 1:Seeing two dogs banging in the FLIR....2:Legless JibJib......3: JibJib sleeping in Opium Field....4:Free spot for weapon employment...5:Left to left with a Predator....6:Stupid O-4 radio call.....etc.

I was bored, so I adjourned to Google to try to acquire a copy of said bingo card if one existed on the Web. Congratulations; this thread is now the number one Google hit for "OEF Bingo . . ." :icon_tong