• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

French supply video systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:
.... two greatest French contributions to Western culture:
1. RED WINE
2. BIDET

LOL. Didn't they invent the Thong, or was that an american thing? Whoever came up with it, bless them.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Grant said:
The HH-65 is built in Grand Prairie, TX. I think on property next-door to the former NAS Dallas? I believe the company itself is foreign, though.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/hh-65.htm

I think it is assembled in TX, they are built over seas. Since ours are a bit different from the stock ones we finish the mods to them here. The airframe and much of avionics still comes from Eurocopter.

Grant

PropStop said:
I think it is assembled in TX, they are built over seas. Since ours are a bit different from the stock ones we finish the mods to them here. The airframe and much of avionics still comes from Eurocopter.

I see, makes sense.

Broadsword2004

Wouldn't they on purpose make it where a foreign part must be made in the U.S. simply due to old wartime strategy (i.e. if some other country can design a better aircraft, fine, but the parts should still be made in the U.S. so the U.S. isn't dependent on that country in case of a war)?? For example, If Airbus gets the contract to supply the Air Force's tanker fleet, I have read some people say the tankers would still be built in the U.S., just the $$$ would go to a European company, because the military doesn't want to have to rely on a foreign company to supply it literally with such a key aircraft.

Grant

Dude, get over it. Its a global economy these days. For most corporations, loyalty lies in the dollar, not home country.

Broadsword2004

True, I was asking though if the MILITARY implemented those rules though about having foreign equipment still made here due to those reasons.

Grant

The DoD is on a budget, so lowest bidder gets the contract most of the time. And if it happens to be a friendly foreign country, so be it.

Broadsword2004

I C; I was just curious because I know there are just certain small things that the military likes to do to ensure the country is ready for war always (like how the military is always supposed to be able to fight on two fronts, though that isn't the case anymore, how every highway I believe has to be straight for a certain length every so-so amount of distance so that they could be converted to airfields in wartime, etc....).

Grant

How come the French get credit for "French Fries"? My dad swears that they are an American invention... :icon_smil

Grant said:
How come the French get credit for "French Fries"? My dad swears that they are an American invention... :icon_smil

Yeah I think so, but I think they were invented by Louisiana Cajuns...

Status
Not open for further replies.