• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future of Naval Aviation

sbfighter

Does anyone have a resource of what future planes the navy is developing? Wikipedia is the only thing I can find out the subject.. and some description of a plane by Boeing (but I couldn't find an official source on it).

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I'm the future of Naval Aviation, so says the sign outside the building I walk in every day :D Ok, start the weeping . . .

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm the future of Naval Aviation, so says the sign outside the building I walk in every day :D Ok, start the weeping . . .

In addition to "fielding" fc2spyguy, the Navy has plans through 2020. This signed document lays out "the vision". Not as detailed as the USMC Aviation Plan, but should suffice to answer your question. There are glossy hard copies laying around the Pentagon if you ever get up that way.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Second wave inbound

The Future of Naval Aviation spotted at NAS Oceana this week:

IMG_7669-1.jpg

Guess the excitement of first T-34C ride was too much to handle...that will teach him to fall asleep when HJ is about with camera....

IMG_7665.jpg

Production line of T-34Cs and Mids being cycled in and out of cockpit all day long

IMG_7677.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

Rg9

pilot
The Future of Naval Aviation spotted at NAS Oceana this week:
You guys made them all wear oxygen? How mean...

Nice pics, though. I remember getting to do that years ago as a Mid. Awesome experience at the time.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A few more

You guys made them all wear oxygen? How mean...

Nice pics, though. I remember getting to do that years ago as a Mid. Awesome experience at the time.

Not me. They were just seeking shelter near where I was working that day. The garbage bags were more demeaning to my mind!

IMG_7668-1.jpg

IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7670.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
WTF is with the plastic bags? Puke precaution?

That's like the "spin & puke" at API. Those fvcktards adamantly insisted I take a garbage bag in with me. I assured them I've never been motion-sick in my life but they said that the spin&puke was a "new experience" and I might need it.

To this day I've never puked from or even BEEN motion-sick in my life.