• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future of Naval Aviation

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
WTF is with the plastic bags? Puke precaution?

That's like the "spin & puke" at API. Those fvcktards adamantly insisted I take a garbage bag in with me. I assured them I've never been motion-sick in my life but they said that the spin&puke was a "new experience" and I might need it.

To this day I've never puked from or even BEEN motion-sick in my life.

Well then you're super special. The garbage bags are there for a reason and get used pretty regularly.

What I can't figure out is if TW-4 planes are at Oceana, where are the TW-5 planes? If I missed getting out to San Dog by one year.....

HJ, how come you didn't come take pics of us? And where is that? Looks like it's over by VFC-12 in the old H-3 hangar. Are the TW-5 guys still over at the Weapons School or did they not show up at all?

Raptor2216

WTF is with the plastic bags? Puke precaution?

That's like the "spin & puke" at API. Those fvcktards adamantly insisted I take a garbage bag in with me. I assured them I've never been motion-sick in my life but they said that the spin&puke was a "new experience" and I might need it.

To this day I've never puked from or even BEEN motion-sick in my life.

You want an order of cry fries with your waaa burger bogey? :D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well then you're super special. The garbage bags are there for a reason and get used pretty regularly.

What I can't figure out is if TW-4 planes are at Oceana, where are the TW-5 planes? If I missed getting out to San Dog by one year.....

HJ, how come you didn't come take pics of us? And where is that? Looks like it's over by VFC-12 in the old H-3 hangar. Are the TW-5 guys still over at the Weapons School or did they not show up at all?

I guess my question was more: can't the bags be put in the leg pocket or something? I mean at-the-ready is one thing, but hanging off their chest? Can't 20-somethings be trusted to get the puke bag ready before commencing?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess my question was more: can't the bags be put in the leg pocket or something? I mean at-the-ready is one thing, but hanging off their chest? Can't 20-somethings be trusted to get the puke bag ready before commencing?

It's called ORM. Why risk the mess if they can't? The bird is effectively down if someone misses and the whole evolution is on a pretty tight timeline as it is. Besides, they're mids. It's their job to look silly. New SNA's are also prime takers of this job, but they're in a higher tax bracket so they don't get the plastic bag.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
It's called ORM. Why risk the mess if they can't? The bird is effectively down if someone misses and the whole evolution is on a pretty tight timeline as it is. Besides, they're mids. It's their job to look silly. New SNA's are also prime takers of this job, but they're in a higher tax bracket so they don't get the plastic bag.

Rog. SWEET. :D

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

I'll drive by the transient line tomorrow to take a look if they're out here. Off the top of my head though I haven't seen any -34's flying around, but there have been a shit ton of T-6's though.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

All that showed up this week were 4 TW-4 planes and they closed up shop and left Friday

HJ, how come you didn't come take pics of us?

1) I wasn't working out of Hangar 23 last year (with a flightline pass)

2) I would have if you invited me to do so

And where is that? Looks like it's over by VFC-12 in the old H-3 hangar.

We were both in Hangar 23 (old SAR hangar that occasionally housed an SH-3, but mainly was used for Changes of Command until CNATTU took over). I was coming and going and grabbed the camera on one trip and snapped a few shots while I was working.

Are the TW-5 guys still over at the Weapons School or did they not show up at all

Never saw 'em. Only T-34Cs I saw were from TW-4 and SFWSL.

Rg9

pilot
...Can't 20-somethings be trusted to get the puke bag ready before commencing?
If it's CORTRAMID (and it probably is), they're mostly under 20. And no, they probably can't. I was humiliated before, so they must be now.:icon_rage :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If it's CORTRAMID (and it probably is), they're mostly under 20. And no, they probably can't. I was humiliated before, so they must be now.:icon_rage :D

Yep, there was one accident that required gear to be washed and hung out to dry on railing outside hangar.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
We just got the standard Paraloft bags when I was at Pax. I brought a ziplock just in case.

On my last day I had two flights, a morning T-34 ride and an F-18 ride in the afternoon. T-34 ride went well, no bag needed.... well after stuffing my face at TPS with BBQ made by the wives, I went over to VX-23 to get ready for the F-18 ride.... Of course I forgot my ziplock for the ride..... last 20 minutes of the flight..... I got to taste lunch a 2nd time.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Cortramid

Little late with this reply. . .sorry, I was on a det at Oceana.

That was hanger 23. Probably after these pics hit the web, someone decided it looked bad to have the mids sleeping in the hanger, so we were moved and told to do something "professionally-related" with them while they were waiting to go vomit. . .er. . .fly. So we played "Final Countdown" for them.

The MIDDIES were all under age 20. We downed 4 aircraft because they decided it was more fun to puke on the instruments than in the bags. Oh, and I had one hit the bag, fill it, then fill a glove, then spill both of them trying to get out of the aircraft. Good times.

So, yes, THREE bags are issued. Two in reserve, and a great big one placed at the ready.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Little late with this reply. . .sorry, I was on a det at Oceana.

That was hanger 23. Probably after these pics hit the web, someone decided it looked bad to have the mids sleeping in the hanger, so we were moved and told to do something "professionally-related" with them while they were waiting to go vomit. . .er. . .fly. So we played "Final Countdown" for them.

The MIDDIES were all under age 20. We downed 4 aircraft because they decided it was more fun to puke on the instruments than in the bags. Oh, and I had one hit the bag, fill it, then fill a glove, then spill both of them trying to get out of the aircraft. Good times.

So, yes, THREE bags are issued. Two in reserve, and a great big one placed at the ready.

Good God, that's a lot of puke.

On a side note, we have a mid in my flight today.