• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

njac35

For prior Enlisted who got commissioned already.
When are you entitled to wear the O rank and use the title after the Oath of Office and Service Agreement are completed. I am not sure if I should wait until the system is updated, and I get a new updated CAC or until I completed ODS, which could take months, prior to start using the Officer Rank and new Title in communication. But technically you are discharged as an Enlisted and re entered in the Navy and sworn in as an officer, so I am confused now.
Thank you all and good luck to new applicants.
I put it on the following drill weekend. Just be sure to let your command know you completed the Oath as they may want to do some type of pinning ceremony. It took a few weeks for the systems to catch up but once it did I got a new ID made. I have not been to ODS yet but am on the waiting list for the July-August class.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
For prior Enlisted who got commissioned already.
When are you entitled to wear the O rank and use the title after the Oath of Office and Service Agreement are completed. I am not sure if I should wait until the system is updated, and I get a new updated CAC or until I completed ODS, which could take months, prior to start using the Officer Rank and new Title in communication. But technically you are discharged as an Enlisted and re entered in the Navy and sworn in as an officer, so I am confused now.
Thank you all and good luck to new applicants.

The moment you swear in and complete paperwork you can “list” yourself as O-1.

Also applicable when you promote.

CMR1984

Who has gone to the board more than once? Do you have to submit for the second time in any particular way?
I applied in 2019 and 2022, got selected in 2022. I had to do everything over because of time frame. Only difference second time was I had to write a reconsideration letter stating how I improved from first time.

CryptoCode

Who has gone to the board more than once? Do you have to submit for the second time in any particular way?
In my experience I had to do a reconsideration letter. Things like “why should we reconsider”
You got a promotion, you took on a larger responsibility, you work a larger team or project, etc.

CryptoCode

Anyone know about where I should be in the process? I do not have a SELRES letter or anything, just a notice that I was professionally recommended and I got an email from my assigned unit. Hearing some have the SELRES letter already. After about three months since board, any ideas?

Buster02

Intel 1835
I am in the same boat, no pun intended. I received my notice back in April, then I received an email for information from the OIC for unit assignment. I did however get an update from my OR last week, stating that she was just waiting for the unit assignment and then we can start the commission process.

IT1NAZ

Have any of you selected from the March board been commissioned yet or given the date you will be commissioned? I was told by my OR that nobody was going to be commissioned until after Oct 1st when the new Fiscal Year begins.

Birdettt

Have any of you selected from the March board been commissioned yet or given the date you will be commissioned? I was told by my OR that nobody was going to be commissioned until after Oct 1st when the new Fiscal Year begins.
Yes we can’t get commissioned until Oct. the last oath of office for this FY was given out earlier this week.

RogueS5

Ditto.

I commissioned back in May, it was about a month after I was notified of selection and a week after my FINSEL letter.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Credible source says DCO IWC Sept FY23 board is so far stacked at 56 1815 applicant types and 66 1825 applicant types. Gonna be interesting to see how many make it to the board and get selected this round.