• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

bcsmith

FY 12 Core Alternate
Not sure what the beware means, but I was just trying to let everyone know. I am sorry I have to be the one to break the bad news, but I figured some people here would want to know that.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Not sure what the beware means, but I was just trying to let everyone know. I am sorry I have to be the one to break the bad news, but I figured some people here would want to know that.
This topic has already been brought up. Old news. This forum already got past it.

Adam McFarland

Leavenworth
Leavenworth, WA.
I'm attending the Wilderness-EMT course (civilian course) there. If I got selected they'd send someone else from my Company (we need the quals for our deployment).
Leavenworth is incredible! You just missed Oktoberfest. Its a nice little bavarian town and nearby you can experience white water rafting and rock climbing... all sorts of cool things to do. Hopefully you will get some time off to tour a bit.

Adam McFarland

I'm hoping for tomorrow... if he comes back tomorrow I can imagine that he would wish to knock out some NAVADMINs and such that have stacked up and call it a day. That way it's not all waiting for him Monday.

Either way that's what I imagine I'd be doing... or at least hope he will. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get word back in time so it's off to Washington state for a month for me.
I hope he thinks like you...

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
This is my first post here and I think I have some bad news. I spoke with a CDR I used to work with today and he said that they were only taking around 75 people total this year. Alot of those are nukes too, so other communities are hurting big time. Did anyone else apply HR?
He probably heard that on this thread! :D

Ordie1757

This is my first post here and I think I have some bad news. I spoke with a CDR I used to work with today and he said that they were only taking around 75 people total this year. Alot of those are nukes too, so other communities are hurting big time. Did anyone else apply HR?
And where did this CDR get his info from??

They go to extreme measures to make sure no information about the board is released prior to results. Oaths are taken and papers are signed. Besides the board members and the CNO (when he signs the damn NAVADMIN), no one knows how many have been selected. Its all speculation. We all know the nubers will be low, which probably made it really hard for the board to select people.