• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gear at Seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I was thinking about buying a 3 pack of skivvie shirts at the local surplus store and stenciling my name on them with a good laundry marker before I ship so I don't have to worry about doing it there. Any thoughts on this?

I'm assuming the stencils will be the same (I saved mine).

I'm also assuming we be able to go to cash sales and pick up missing/unservicable items when we get our desert issue. True/False?

klostman

the happy dance!
Thats not a bad idea, it will save you a little time. Stencils are the same. I brought mine back from jrs with me to srs. Correct, you will be able to replace missing/unservicable items at cash sales.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
klostman said:
Correct, you will be able to replace missing/unservicable items at cash sales.

Would the cost of replacement items just come out of our pay, or would we have to carry money to pay for them?

motiv8r

You have to straight up pay for them. By the way, it's also a good idea to buy an extra inspection cover and a couple extra pairs of woodland trousers at cash sales. You do a lot more boots and utes PT at Seniors than you do at Juniors. Also, if you haven't figured this one out yet, make sure you stencil all your cammie trousers, not just the inspection ones. In both the front and back of the inside waistband.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Should have saved them, when you hit the boat you will probably end up writing your name in big letters on the back of your shirts anyway...

Then when you see some azzhole running around with your name on the back of his skivvy shirt you will know where all your clothes went.

Never saw this, but had a Corpsman telling me he was on the boat one time, and he had written his name in big bold letters on the seat of all his skivvie drawers. Said he ran out of underwear, and then he happened to see some guy coming back from the shower wearing his drawers.

Wonder how that conversation went:

"Hey shipmate...YOU GOT MY FREAKING UNDERWEAR ON!"
"Oops...want them back?"
"...No I'm good..."

KBayDog

jmwSemperFi said:
Just a thought, stenciling the shirts is fine and will save you time, but you will NOT be able to use them when you get to TBS so you may want to only stencil what you need. I ended up with easily a dozen or two "rifle cleaning rags, green" because of that.

Yeah, but there is nothing wrong with using them after TBS. I bought a few clean ones to use for those six months, and have since returned to using the older shirts.

RivrGuide

Admiral Hartman 4 Life
pilot
At Jrs, it seemed like boot/utes every AM, do sr go 2x a day or what, how do they get 'more'?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Laundry markers suck. Use a Sharpie (it won't fade like a laundry marker).

Everything that I still have stenciled from 9 years ago is still readable today. They don't fade if you do it right the first time.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fc2spyguy said:
Everything that I still have stenciled from 9 years ago is still readable today. They don't fade if you do it right the first time.
You have underwear and t-shirts from 9 years ago?? :eek:

KBayDog

fc2spyguy said:

They fade if you wash them.

SNAP!

You know how we folks on the green side of DoN are always issued the finest gear and equipment...I don't think my laundry pen markings lasted through the first PT session, much less laundry. To top it off, we were never given enough time to do it right the first time.

My skivvie shirts from nine years ago are probably half way to becoming diamonds by this time.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I had plenty of time, read short name and I was able to stencil slow while SR Kaczynskiporpinski (not a real name but you know what I mean) was still doing his first one.

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
I have another question along the lines of the first post in this thread. At pre-ship, my OSO told us going back to Srs. to not take any uniform items back to OCS. He said that they would be declared unserviceable and that they would just be replaced; So it was in our best interest to just show up with nothing and be issued new cammies, boots, etc. Has anyone else been told this? A few folks I knew from jrs have said they were returning with everything they were issued. Kinda nervous about showing up at Quantico empty handed and getting reamed (about that at least :icon_tong ). Anybody have a thought/comment on this? Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.