• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gear at Seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jmwSemperFi said:
you will NOT be able to use them when you get to TBS

what are you talking about?

I used my stenciled OCS shirts all the time at TBS. hell, half the green shirts I wear today are the same ones I had at OCS, and they still have my name on em.

VAmookie

Sounds like your OSO is a POS. IF you show up with nothing, you'll have to pay for what you need. Thats like 3 or 4 hundred bucks on top of the 383.26 dollar small and large bag issue

motiv8r

to answer Riverguide's question...
you definitely do more boots and utes PT at Seniors. At least I did. They might have changed Juniors from when I was there last (02) but I definitely did more boots and utes PT at Seniors. For example, the only graded PT events you have in boots and utes in Juniors are the O course and the Stamina Course. At Seniors you have the O course, E course, CRT, Tarzan, more pugil sticks, more martial arts, and some other stuff I probably forgot. Plus you spend a lot more time in the field.

Another good item to stock up on for anyone headed to OCS for the first/second/third/whatever time is Blister Guard socks. They issue you 2 pair; arriving with 8 pair would not be overkill, since 8 pair will turn into 3 pair by week 6.

And definitely show up to seniors with all your stuff from Juniors. Even if it is "unservicable" (highly unlikely) you can use it for PT, or if it's really torn up, you can still use it for the requisite "2 trouser, 1 blouse" they make you pack for the humps.

Malice 1

pilot
CORPSviation said:
Sounds like your OSO is a POS. IF you show up with nothing, you'll have to pay for what you need. Thats like 3 or 4 hundred bucks on top of the 383.26 dollar small and large bag issue

We had a kid in our platoon that was told to bring nothing to seniors. He had to borrow an entire uniform for like 2 weeks. He stank bad. plus, he had to stay up late every nite to do his laundry after muddy evolutions.

Bring your stuff back to seniors. OSO's screw up sometimes. Hell, I graduated in december, and I still am not a 2LT.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
corpsocgmu said:
I have another question along the lines of the first post in this thread. At pre-ship, my OSO told us going back to Srs. to not take any uniform items back to OCS. He said that they would be declared unserviceable and that they would just be replaced; So it was in our best interest to just show up with nothing and be issued new cammies, boots, etc. Has anyone else been told this? A few folks I knew from jrs have said they were returning with everything they were issued. Kinda nervous about showing up at Quantico empty handed and getting reamed (about that at least :icon_tong ). Anybody have a thought/comment on this? Semper Fi

From what I've heard that's just crazy talk. I'm taking everything but my damn camp stool, which I traded for a can of Axe back at juniors.

Xeo111

How could you trade that in?? It was so convenient, the way it fit comfortably across your shoulders... :icon_tong

I kept mine...maybe I'll leave at home and get another one...then I can have 2 stools, and create a SuperStool (man, that sounds nasty).

Trying to keep up the good cheer. 18 days until 1st inc. :eek:

Malice 1

pilot
I have 5 camp stools that people ditched when they left OCS. I keep them in the garage, so my buddies and I can drink beer and sit around while staring at my Trans Am. They are really convenient.

On a more serious note, bring all of your stuff back to seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.