• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

German Police vs Greenpeace at sea

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
35 seconds left on the third video...AWESOME moment, the police boat completely washes out the Greenpeace one.

So much fun, I would love to drive that CB 90. Just like a sheepdog herding sheep...

GroundPounder

For those of you who have never been to Germany; ( More of an Army thing I realize ) The Polezi tell you once to do something. You either do it right then, or the next thing that you will expereince is being struck with a baton. They don't just beat people for the hell of it, but they don't put up with much. Very much different from what most of the protesters are used to I would think.

Looks like the G8 protesters forgot where they were.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This reminds me on some incidents in 1989 off Cape Canaveral. The Navy was trying to fire off a new Trident II in July 1989 and Greenpeace stopped it by using Zodiacs to get close enough to the sub to put a banner on the testing antenna sticking out of the water. It was pretty embarrassing and the Navy guy in charge vowed they would not get the chance to do it again.

Well, the Navy tried again in December '89 (not sure if it was the same test) and Greenpeace brought down its flagship. The Navy used a pair of support boats to play bumper boats and rammed the ship a few times and turned their fire hoses onto it. Greenpeace obviously doesn't know much about making a ship watertight because the water got into the engine room and killed the engines. The also had SEAL's mess with the Zodiacs. I remember the picture with this article, the idiot Greenpeaceniks were getting swamped. :D

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,959355,00.html?promoid=googlep

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
"A terrible outrage . . . an unbridled act of aggression!" cried Greenpeace's executive director as the group prepared legal action against the Navy.

I just don't understand what reality these people live in sometimes. In what society is it okay for you to be an aggressor but when you receive resistance call it unfair?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
'Aggression', 'strength', 'masculine', 'testosterone' - these are all evil words in the Euro-sissy mans world. This 'executive director' is showing us a nice example of double-speak. His group passes lines set up by police, police confront Greenpeace, they run, police stop them, police are the bad guys. I think Im starting to understand ...

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Normally I would agree with you, but the quote was taken from the article posted by Flash. Regardless though its just ridiculous that they can interfere with defense assets, and then when they try to do it again and are stopped they get there feelings all hurt. It just makes NO SENSE. I feel like Im going to have an aneurysm when I read things like this.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Sounds similiar to a story my father in law has told. When he was either the CO or XO of a ship, Greenpeace tried boarding his ship, and they blew them off with firehoses, they (Greenpeace) then complained about the aggression. He has a few other stories about that organization.

OldNavy

The caption on the second video reads:

"Greenpeace - Boote drigen in sperrzone ein"

Which I believe means

"Your ass is mine!