• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Get selected but CO wont release me

His/her follow on posts are removed so there is more to the story. I get it... I was extended on my 1st DH tour by almost 6 months. My next job was a spot promote so every month I remained on that ship past my PRD cost me money. I ended up promoting to LCDR while enroute to my next ship.

It's a hard pill to swallow knowing you could transfer at X month but your command makes a desicion to let you transer at Y month. For me it was a PERS desicion outside of my ships control. The ship could have gapped the CHENG billet but who would realistically do that?

I am all about getting people off the ship for professional development, especially for OCS. No one wants to stifle that upward mobility. This Sailor is owed a reason for the why and I'd hope the ship gave them the hard answers...
What job was the spot promote? Aand curious to know if you’re a Suppo by any chance?

mikeyw

SNA Select
I’m in a similar situation to this thread and would like some feedback. Essentially, I was picked up for SNA FY 2025 and planning on going in May when I get back from deployment. However, the ECM for my rate is refusing to release me until almost my EOAS in early 2027. I have the full backing of my command CO/XO and they are vouching for me. Does the ECM for the rate have the authority to block OCS orders or no?

taxi1

pilot
I’m in a similar situation to this thread and would like some feedback. Essentially, I was picked up for SNA FY 2025 and planning on going in May when I get back from deployment. However, the ECM for my rate is refusing to release me until almost my EOAS in early 2027. I have the full backing of my command CO/XO and they are vouching for me. Does the ECM for the rate have the authority to block OCS orders or no?
No idea, but for something like this I'd elevate to my CongressPerp if no progress made. The nuke option, of course.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Suggest you read into the 1420.1B, specifically the OCS chapter. There's some language about extensions and service obligations.

Did you try coordinating / reaching out to the ECM before actually applying?

mikeyw

SNA Select
I’d never heard of anyone getting their OCS date pushed due to EAOS obligations in my community so I didn’t think it was a big deal getting the conditional release settled before applying (NAVPERS 1306/7).

However, now that they are making a big deal of it, I’m trying to see if there is any work around or something that can override. If they do push my OCS date, I would be at a shore command for a year waiting which would be a huge waste.

Either way, lesson learned.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I’d never heard of anyone getting their OCS date pushed due to EAOS obligations in my community so I didn’t think it was a big deal getting the conditional release settled before applying (NAVPERS 1306/7).

However, now that they are making a big deal of it, I’m trying to see if there is any work around or something that can override. If they do push my OCS date, I would be at a shore command for a year waiting which would be a huge waste.

Either way, lesson learned.

I would see what options your Triad can do before you consider @taxi1 ’s option.

mikeyw

SNA Select
My Triad is doing everything they possibly can for me, I just want to make sure I’m exhausting every option as well.

Thanks for the insight 🤙🏼

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No idea, but for something like this I'd elevate to my CongressPerp if no progress made. The nuke option, of course.
This is bad advice. I’ve been on the receiving end of these inquiries. Goes like this:

Ech II leg affairs: “Hey, we got this inquiry. Can you provide any info?
Ech III AO: “We’re aware and working the issue with PERS to accomplish outcome X.”
Ech II leg affairs: “OK, thanks. We’ll close this one out.”

People are under the mistaken impression that getting your Congressperson involved invokes some kind of bureaucratic magic wand. It doesn’t. As long as there isn’t some kind of impropriety going on, it doesn’t make the wheels of the Navy bureaucracy spin any faster.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My Triad is doing everything they possibly can for me, I just want to make sure I’m exhausting every option as well.

Thanks for the insight 🤙🏼
Let them work it. Sounds like they are going to be your best advocates. They can also pull in their O6 and above leadership, if necessary. Best of luck, and congrats on your selection. This is going to fundamentally change your life, in a good way.