• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gift idea for Marine Officer Instructor???

Dalamara

jai5w4 said:
The K-Bar thing is out.... The Semper Fi Society (all the Marines at the unit) are already getting him that.

I'm thinking about going with a nice, double-matted picture of the BN in front of the columns (Mizzou's landmark), then inlaying two Battalion coins along with nice script on parchment paper. Then having the senior class (those who've worked with him the longest) sign it. What do you think? Too standard?

-J

Hah no way, you're at Mizzou? I'm transfering there next year and joining the NROTC unit! I take it you're a senior so you'll be gone next year?

jay741

I just thought of what you could give him. How about a big wet kiss on his Marine, triathelete ass? Nevermind. You are trying to avoid repeat gifts, right? :icon_lol:

Thunderboom

Cat Herder at MATSG21
When I got commisioned my roomate from college, who at the time was a Capt and PAO, gave me a framed copy of Samual Nicholas commisioning document. He had it printed out on aged paper to make it look somewhat authentic. Don't know where he got it, but try to get in touch with a PAO and I'm sure he has some batcave full of stuff like this. Thought this would be a relative gift for you since he is plays a role in commisioning the future Corps leaders. Kind of a past-present connection. Relatively inexpensive, just have to pay for the frame and the matting. Also, think about placing the unit coin in the matting and maybe have the members of the senior class he will be commisioning also sign the matting. Below is a link on who Samuel Nicholas was if you have questions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Nicholas

jay741 said:
I just thought of what you could give him. How about a big wet kiss on his Marine, triathelete ass? Nevermind. You are trying to avoid repeat gifts, right? :icon_lol:

Veeeeeery funny...:rolleyes: