• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Going back to school for another Bachelor's degree and wanting to do NROTC

navy09

None
Not to knock you dad, but he's not up to date on Navy programs. Besides, it's time to branch out and make your own way.

3rdgenav8tor

Woot
None
Yeah it is time for me to branch out from my family's Army Aviation legacy and start a new path for ME. My dad has always tried to get me into the Army as a Warrant Officer even before I graduated high school and before I left for college.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In the end, you have to decide if the fun of the flying (which may or not be fun depending upon what programs you work) outweighs the pain of the test plan process.

If you get right situation, a support contractor will do the heavy lifting of paperwork for you, but you'll endure pain of sitting/waiting until aircraft is ready to fly. You'll get far more hours in meetings than in your logbook. Best to talk to those in VX squadrons (DT and OT) to see if you really want to go that route.

torpedo0126

i could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the TPS website says that an engineering degree is NOT required as long as you supplement it with correspondence/local college courses.

I also just met a LT 2 weeks ago who was accepted with just engineering physics and calculus.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
i could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the TPS website says that an engineering degree is NOT required as long as you supplement it with correspondence/local college courses.

I also just met a LT 2 weeks ago who was accepted with just engineering physics and calculus.

I heard they are now accepting ITT Tech grads.....

navy09

None
I did my engineering degree primarily to be eligible for TPS...

is that a joke or are you serious (sorry I can't tell from the internet tone)

I'd be pissed too.

EDIT: Haha, I think the ITT remark was a joke...as in, he got a legit Eng degree for the program- so hearing a dude got in with the basic calc/physics we all take...the LT might as well have gone to ITT..? Maybe my sarcasm meter is off too.