• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good handgun for carry

todd740

Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIGHT!!!
pilot
Personally I carry a glock 23 (40 S+W) and absolutly love it. I have had zero problems, every time you pull the trigger on a glock they go boom. Plus with military discount you can pick one up for about 425. I also usually carry a Kel-Tec P3AT as a bug (back up gun, perfect for pocket carry) or by itself when I feel too lazy to put my holster on.

If you are in alaska I would consider the occassional open carry. Check out opencarry.org for info and insight on this.

P3AT:
http://www.gunblast.com/images/KelTec380/MVC-014F.jpg

Attachments

• MVC-014F.jpg
    MVC-014F.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 75

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Personally I carry a glock 23 (40 S+W) and absolutly love it. I have had zero problems, every time you pull the trigger on a glock they go boom. Plus with military discount you can pick one up for about 425. I also usually carry a Kel-Tec P3AT as a bug (back up gun, perfect for pocket carry) or by itself when I feel too lazy to put my holster on.

If you are in alaska I would consider the occassional open carry. Check out opencarry.org for info and insight on this.

P3AT:
http://www.gunblast.com/images/KelTec380/MVC-014F.jpg

What kind of place gave you a military discount on it?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

Most guys who make such a claim are full of B.S. ... no judgements ... just experience. I've seen it and heard it all before ... sorry, not impressed.

I think you should change your avatar again...you know the one. ;)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Originally Posted by insanebikerboy
45. a.k.a. one shot makes Haji (or whoever) go down, not two or three.

Please. This is crap and most of the gun types here know it. Don't infect others with this myth. SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT SHOT PLACEMENT. That's what it comes down to. A 9mm JHP in the vitals is just as effective as a .45 JHP. Believe it.

Quote:
All that said, the best CCW guns out there are the one and two shot derringers. The come is respectable calibers and can fit in a front shorts pocket and it looks no more noticeable than a set of keys. Me, I just like the knowledge that I have 12 shots ready if needed.

This is bad gouge. BAD gouge. Derringers are notoriously difficult to aim and handle. Most gun fights are over in about 4-5 shots on average. One or two isn't going to cut it, especially if you can barely hit your target. A dedicated CCW pistol such as a mid-size/compact Glock/SIG/HK or a revolver are leaps and bounds a better choice than a derringer type pistol.

Thank you...was going to post the same.

REALLY ??!!?? Almost 10,000 rounds, you say ??? How long have you owned that thing, anyway ???

Let's see ... at MidwayUSA online prices (low to average in the industry) ... let's call it @ $15 (average of all brands) for a box of 20 .357 SiG JHP ......

Sooooooooo ... "almost" 10,000 rounds/20= @ 500 boxes .... X @ $15/box = @ $7500.00 for ammo ???!!! :eek:

Now that's a LOT of shooting ... "almost 10,000 rounds" .... and "almost" unbelievable.
:)

Not saying that this isn't BS...but reloading can make shooting alot much, much cheaper...as I am sure that you know. Its the only reason I have been able to shoot as much trap and sporting clays as I have...

100000/25 = 4000 boxes of 12 ga...x5$ per box = pain without reloading...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I would have to throw in the Kimber Pro Carry - it's a 4" 1911, bull barrel, full sized grip, built on an aluminum frame. Everything dehorned, it packs light, tet is a serious combat pistol in it's own right.

Review here: http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/review/KimberProCarry.htm

large_stainlessprocarry2.jpg

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Lots of good suggestions on here...I think the choice mainly revolves around what you are comfortable with. Don't get what's is "cool" or "popular", get what you can shoot well and that doesn't require you to wear a winter coat to conceal.

A4's is right...for many a revolver is an exceptional choice. Simple to operate so under pressure there is no confusion (laugh all you want until you can't change a magazine under pressure). My wife carries a S&W Ladysmith...
161490_thumb.jpg

which I can't shoot to save my life...she is lethal within 12 yards or so. Thats why its hers.

I had a predisposition against Glocks for a long time...didn't care for the looks etc...but as soon as I really gave one a chance at the range, I knew that they worked the best for me as a shooter...I carry a Glock 19...
images

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:cJ8Hmzp_28CVuM:http://world.guns.ru/handguns/glock19.jpg
Long story short...good suggestions here...shoot them all and pick the one that "works" the best for you. There is no more personal decision...well...maybe one...

xmid

pilot
Contributor

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ahh Dillon Aero. that approach did however not work out too well for Governor Ventura when confronted by a preditor.

TLR RUNNER

I carry a 226 in .40 as a duty weapon. Very smooth and accurate. No problems. Seems it would be a bit heavy for concealed carry. My backup i carry in a soft holster on my vest is a HK P2000 SK. About the size of a baby glock, but comes with night sights, the pinky extender magazines, and a light rail. This is by far my favorite gun I've owned. Very light and easy to carry. Gives me lots of options: ankle, waist, or on the vest. It is a .40 which is more than enough stopping power. I would recommend at least trying to check one of these out and possibly shoot it. Very good weapon.

I also have a kel tec P3AT. Nice for the back pocket when I'm out at night.

Lawman

None
I carry a 226 in .40 as a duty weapon. Very smooth and accurate. No problems. Seems it would be a bit heavy for concealed carry. My backup i carry in a soft holster on my vest is a HK P2000 SK. About the size of a baby glock, but comes with night sights, the pinky extender magazines, and a light rail. This is by far my favorite gun I've owned. Very light and easy to carry. Gives me lots of options: ankle, waist, or on the vest. It is a .40 which is more than enough stopping power. I would recommend at least trying to check one of these out and possibly shoot it. Very good weapon.

I also have a kel tec P3AT. Nice for the back pocket when I'm out at night.

Which Department?

Beefalo

For my CCW I carry a Kahr P45. I think its a great combo of big caliber and CCW. If you want something a little smaller you could look into the CW9, P9, or for extreme CCW the PM9.