• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good to know we are still wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
These people make me laugh, and proud at the same time. I am proud that a nation can be so well defended, so well established, that fools like this can sap millions from our economy and yet we survive and thrive!

As long as we have a free, capitalist nation, these people will exist. Now, if we were thrown into a survival situation - e.g. being invaded by space aliens, or struck by a meteor, these people wouldn't last two weeks. Sometimes I think what humanity needs is a global disaster, weed out the weak and all....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
But you know something - communism IS the best form of government for a society! It makes perfect sense. If everybody works equally hard towards a common goal, you will achieve that goal faster and better than you would as a nation of capitalists, competing with one another.

Only if the people are completely removed from motivation and reward, as you said. It's a terrible system that does not take into account real human beings. Communism does not look good on paper, and it doesn't look good in the real world. Communism is an idealism. Oh, by the way, those don't work in the real world.

P.S. I know you said all this, just voicing it again.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
As long as we have a free, capitalist nation, these people will exist. Now, if we were thrown into a survival situation - e.g. being invaded by space aliens, or struck by a meteor, these people wouldn't last two weeks. Sometimes I think what humanity needs is a global disaster, weed out the weak and all....

We have effectively stopped and even reversed the order of Natural Selection. This is not a good thing. We WILL pay for this eventually.

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
This is not a good thing. We WILL pay for this eventually.

when we're invaded by alien forces from Mechulon 5 (really crappy place) and we're forced into a war of survival, these punks will be begging us to bring them along.

I've got more respect for muslim terrorists. At least they have the guts to blow themselves up to make a political statement. These protesters ***** if a cop speaks to them in a mean voice!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Reading that article, discounting the rant/tone/ideologoy... makes me think Nicky (his parents, or GASP, tax payers dollars through a grant of fed student loan) isn't getting his money's worth at good old Columbia. Now seeing as how I only went to a public University in the South (GO GATORS!)... but my teachers would have handed me my ass and a ****ty grade, for such a poorly written and constructed opinion paper. I guess writing for the school's paper and being a journalist wannabe doesn't require any sort of skill (hmmm, guess that can be said for the real world, too...).

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nicely done cant seem to use rep points yet so bravo zulu and all that stuff.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Why even discuss this -- unless you are bored ??? The guy is an imbecil. Naval Aviators do not need to lower themselves to discuss or relate to this/his/her condition .... do they ???

hillary.jpg
Why not "relate" to this instead ?? .... see what I mean ...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Because it is a sunday morning, it is very cold outside, I have nothing else to do while the fam is getting ready to go to sunday O'club brunch, and its interesting to see what (and how clueless) some of the ppl we are defending are.

Besides, I haven't gotten my fix of A4 images in posts for the morning, and I think this one did it! :D

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
desert fox said:
-R. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

one of the best military books, EVER! I've read it a few times, learn something new each time.

KBayDog

A4sForever said:
Why even discuss this -- unless you are bored ??? The guy is an imbecil. Naval Aviators do not need to lower themselves to discuss or relate to this/his/her condition .... do they ???

But I am not an Aviator...

YET.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
A4s, no matter what else...i respect your honesty. anyone can bull****..it takes a real man to tell the truth no matter the consequences.

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
Starship Troopers and Ender's Game together make the best military leadership fiction set ever, in my opinion. I'm sure there's a third one you could throw in there to round it out, but it's not coming to mind. No coincidence they're on the Commandant's Reading List. He must think so too...

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
Mayday said:
Starship Troopers and Ender's Game together make the best military leadership fiction set ever, in my opinion. I'm sure there's a third one you could throw in there to round it out, but it's not coming to mind. No coincidence they're on the Commandant's Reading List. He must think so too...

Ender's game was great. The sequal, "Speaker of the Dead" suuuucked....

I like the "Hammer's Slammers" series too.

Status
Not open for further replies.