• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got Medically Disqualified week 9!

Box

How much does THAT suck! LOL! Got injured during SULE 2 and couldnt complete it. I was halfway through it too, waiting for my turn to lead, 6 others had already gone. Dang that stinks. Oh well, it is what it is. Cant wait to get home, heal up and start training again for next year to wup it on! The hardest part... walking out of my squad bay, saying goodbye, yea that sucked. Had a REALLY cool talk with my Plt Cdr, and then later with one of my Sergeant Instructors, that was freaking Moto right there. Good to go.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Man that hurts!! Glad to see you're already pumped up to go next year. I hope that everything heals fine. :)

pjxc415

pilot
Box, you have a good attitude. I'm a golf company grad and can't even imagine how i would feel if i got dqed after week five, so i give you props, especially for finishing 9 weeks. stay motivated and go back and kick some ass next summer, sounds like you definitely got it in you. best of luck

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Broke my foot on the washboard trail during SULE 2, was just able to finish. But, finishing was my saving grace, they held onto me and let me graduate. Stay motivated, keep your positive attitude, and good luck next time around!

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
That sucks, man, coming from a 7th week NPQ.

Stay tough, stay motivated, lets kick some butt next summer.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I sprained my ankle while I was squad leader in Sule II. I finished my problem and stayed on until the Major who was grading us made me stop and dropped me off with the Corpsman. I was light duty for the rest of OCS. I was scared that I was going to get NPQ'd due to not finishing Sule II, and not running the E course and CRT tests. However, nobody ever said anything to me and I just hobbled along behind the company until graduation. It's possible the only reason they let me stay was that I finished my Sule problem. It's amazing how much luck fits into it.

gtown99

I keep seeing this, but am wondering exactly what it stands for. I may not have looked hard enough but quick ?: what does npq stand for? Is it similar to DOR?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
NPQ = not physically qualified. It's what happens when you get broken or fail too many PT events. Unlike DOR, you don't have choice when this happens.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
HueyCobra8151 said:
How often do Golf Company candidates get NPQ'd? (Particularly MECEPs I mean)

As often as they break. Golf Company typically shows up in really good shape. They will put out a company average of 280 on the PFT, so it stands to reason that they will have less candidates falling out of events.

However, Golf candidates will break due to the sheer bad luck that befalls all candidates. Running on uneven ground when exhausted will sprian ankles. So will hiking during the blackest part of the night on those damn boulders that litter the trails out by Buffalo Pond. Getting hurt at OCS is mostly luck, or lack thereof. There's always heat cases, which is typically your own damn fault.