• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got prior military?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
When I went to a recruiter to take the test he said he was not supposed to talk to active duty personnel because we have career counselors and such. I asked im if te process was easier if I got out and he said it was a lot easier to get accepted from active duty than to get out and then try and get comissioned. For example, the intel community has 80 slots open per fiscal year. After they fill those slots they can no longer accept anyone from the civilian community even if they are prior Navy. However, if they see an active duty person they want, they have the ability to open more slots. Once you get out, you get lumped in with the civilians as far as the slots that are open. So, even if you may be more qualified and have experience, their hands may be tied.

elkq

Very insightful John...The last advantage I think that a prior has, as in my case, is that if you are active duty at the time you are applying then you may have officers in the community that can make the phone calls and do the political side of getting you a batter chance at the job you want. This is not always the case but I was very lucky.

rhollin1

Prior. You know, prior enlisted. Can you be prior while your still in or that term used for those that got out?

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Elkq, guess I left out that aspect, and advantage. A phone call never hurts.

Rhollin, anyone that was enlisted, whether they got out or not, in the sense that we are using this term, is "prior".

Status
Not open for further replies.