• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grace Hopper lecture

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Been wondering: Why do some communities (URL mainly) use a designator change to differentiate between qual’d and non-qual’d officers, where other communities use an AQD to denote qual’d vs non-qual’d?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I would bet they were forced to redesignate because there was no reason to have it anymore since the restrictions were lifted. Why manage a community you don't need? There was an O-4 GURL at my ROTC unit that left right as I started my freshman year. Thinking back, it's interesting to do the math and see someone that relatively senior was still around in that designator. Then again, I guess that was only a couple years after everything opened up. There was an brand new O-1 that was stashed there, as well, but she left right as I showed up, too.

@AllAmerican75 It's interesting that you ran into so many. I would have thought most would have been senior enough to not be around anymore. Then again, I guess that explains where all those random TAR/FTS HR people come from.
I met them nearly a decade a ago. It would not surprise me that they are all retired now. They were all O6s and seemed like they were super old but that was probably just my view as a freshly minted LT. I think many were on their twilight tours in Bella Napoli.