• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grandpa's contribution to Carrier Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Regardless, HAL Pilot, don't you ever fucking think that you can talk like that about .... so watch your mouth.

Dude... There are squadron CO's and other active duty pilots who frequent this board...

It would be a real shame if you were accepted into the program only to have this thread find its way to one of your instructors or to your squadron.

Slow your roll...

MasterBates

Never underestimate the ability of AirWarriors to "reach out and touch someone".

Just ask Joboy.

Or the Admirals who have contacted me via here (for good stuff thankfully)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You guys moved too quickly -- you could have loaded him up w/ a bunch of "reds" and THEN banned his sorry little ass .... :)

You take all the fun out of it. Oh, well ... back to my nap.
:sleep_125

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Regardless, HAL Pilot, don't you ever fucking think that you can talk like that about my or anyone elses family again. Just because you are on a forum board all safe by your computer does not mean you can be disrespectful to anyone. I take that personally as I have honor and pride for my grandfather, and anyone else, and respect anyone who has selflesly given their way of life up for the better of the greater good, our country, so watch your mouth.

Is the rest of your family as much as fucktard as you? The only one doing dishonor to their grandfather is you. Goodbye, adios, see ya later, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out. Tear...wipe :sleep_125

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Been away for a bit today and just returned. I've noticed that you got wrapped in a One v Many and each of the many was a Senior Moderator and seasoned aviator with a lot of expercience that you say you respect, but then disrespect in your tone and attitude. You ought to get a feel for a forum and who's keeping it shipshape before you start mouthing off. That doesn't work here nor will it make your life tolerable in any commissioning path you elect to pursue to honor your grandfather's commitment and contributions. Speaking of which, you first said:

.... I said he "invented" the paddles. I'm saying he started the practice in World War 2 of making pilots practice signaling planes in WITH the paddles as apart of their flight traning...

Then you come back with:

Your facts there don't prove anything... i'm not saying he invented the paddles, or the LSO idea, i'm saying as part of pilots training he had them act as LSO's, to see approach angles etc and help them get a feel for the landing sequence... show me facts against that claim please.

I am one of many here who really care about Military History and Naval Aviation History related to carrier aviation in particular. I don't have to show any more "facts against that claim". I gave you names and dates, you returned with attitude. Your claims are all over the map and contradictory as shown above as well as occuring decades after the art of waving aircraft was put into practice.

No doubt you may have been told of his contributions as part of family lore and are proud of it, but this forum holds a high standard for accuracy in advice given to aspirants to Naval Aviation and other service programs/communities and applies that same exacting standard to references to Naval History. Making a claim based on hearsay is not a fact.

If you really believe your claims and want to substantiate them, send me a PM and I'll willingly help you tie into the Naval Aviation Historians who could track down his assignments and timeframe and any documentation related to same. That would be a welcome addition to the ongoing "Paddles" Mega-Thread here on AW and a welcome addition as fresh insights into the greater body of Naval Aviation history.

Status
Not open for further replies.