• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ground broken for massive hangar at Jax

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To accomodate the transfer of NAS Brunswick P-3 units, ground has been broken on a massive hangar at NAS Jacksonville.

hscs

pilot
Watch out -- the east coast HS mafia might get their hands on it to keep the HS squadrons in Jax, vice moving up to NGU.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Huh, at least it makes targeting easier for the bad guys. . .

KBayDog

...every airfield has a national three letter identifier determined by FAA and also linked to an international ICAO 4 letter identifier...

FYI, for those creatures of habit (like myself), the online commercial air ticket sites generally don't accept the 4-letter ICAO identifiers. Sometimes I put (for example) KSAN, KEWR, KLAX, etc. into the search engine, and get some sort of crazy error message.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^^
Like he said...every airfield has a national three letter identifier determined by FAA and also linked to an international ICAO 4 letter identifier so NAS Norfolk is NGU; NAS OCeana = NTU, etc. Many folks refer to locations by that
Also FYI, most Navy/Marine locations begin with "N," so Navy Meridian=NMM, North/South Whiting=NSE/NDZ, Whidbey=NUW, etc.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
33 P-3s and 4 C130s?! HOLY CRAP that's a big building. Are they getting rid of Hangar 1000?

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I think they just started a new hangar for the HSM wing that will be there too. Read something about it in the Mirror a month or so ago. It'll be interesting to see which squadrons from Mayport will ultimately move over there.

And I'm pretty sure Brunswick didn't close in 2005 like the article said, I was just there for SERE.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think they just started a new hangar for the HSM wing that will be there too. Read something about it in the Mirror a month or so ago. It'll be interesting to see which squadrons from Mayport will ultimately move over there.

Apparently this info was updated just recently (coincidently w/ the command selection board). I don't have the info off the top of my head but I think it's up somewhere at either Pers or such website. My former boss who works in the Plans/Promo office had the gouge (but NOT who was going where, for the record). It was all very confusing w/ the different squadrons getting new numbers but some keeping their numbers.

I just realized my post is absolutely no help. Anywho, the info is out there somewhere.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Apparently this info was updated just recently (coincidently w/ the command selection board). I don't have the info off the top of my head but I think it's up somewhere at either Pers or such website. My former boss who works in the Plans/Promo office had the gouge (but NOT who was going where, for the record). It was all very confusing w/ the different squadrons getting new numbers but some keeping their numbers.

I just realized my post is absolutely no help. Anywho, the info is out there somewhere.

Yeah I know the info is out there, the civi sim instructors at the wing bldg have the squadrons that are supposed to move written on a white board. I'll worry about it when the time comes.