• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guam?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Anyone done a tour on Guam? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it...from Give Up And Masturbate to the Navy's best secret, so what's the real deal? Also, is there any chance of work for the better half, or would she have to spend her days snorkeling?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone done a tour on Guam? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it...from Give Up And Masturbate to the Navy's best secret, so what's the real deal? Also, is there any chance of work for the better half, or would she have to spend her days snorkeling?
I don't know about doing a whole tour there, but I have done several dets and the liberty is pretty good. Great ballet! We flew 1600 miles just for the ballet. :D

Brett

Pags

N/A
pilot
I don't know about doing a whole tour there, but I have done several dets and the liberty is pretty good. Great ballet! We flew 1600 miles just for the ballet. :D

Brett

You mean the bear in the little car?

I never would have you pegged as a fan of the fine arts, but I guess I rushed to judgement :D

bubba716

Never served a tour there since I'm not yet in actually in the service yet. However, I was born there and we lived there when I was a kid and from what I remember it was a pretty nice place. Great weather except for the occassional typhoon. From what I've heard though their isn't much there anymore.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Got libo there on a westpac, I thought it was an awesome place and would love to have the oportunity to get stationed there.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean the bear in the little car?

I never would have you pegged as a fan of the fine arts, but I guess I rushed to judgement :D
Oh, you have no idea. The Guamanians are big on fine arts.:spin_125:

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
GUAM: great place ... I would live there. Life in the sloooooooooooow lane, tropical-style. Kind of like a "cleaned up" or "safe" Philippines ...... :) ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
From what I've heard though their isn't much there anymore.

Not sure where this is coming from. Did you mean military or just civilization wiped out by a typhoon? Because Guam is a HUGE military center, and will only get bigger. It's basically the 13th aircraft carrier.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
GUAM: great place ... I would live there. Life in the sloooooooooooow lane, tropical-style. Kind of like a "cleaned up" or "safe" Philippines ...... :) ;)

Ain't that the truth. Being in Olongapo caused flash backs of El Paso. It'd be a toss up....where to stick the tube...Olonapo or El Paso...if the world was gonna get an enema.

Anyone dive at the Pita bomb craters in Guam? What a blast! I went snorkeling (not dive qualed) and the dude we rented the equipment from gave us a couple of expired packages of hot dogs with instructions to break off a piece and let the barracuda swim by and eat it while we attempt to snap a picture with our disposable underwater camera. I thought he was high on crack......swimming with barracuda. But it was a good time, they'd dart by for their treat and never bother us. I was kicking myself for not being dive certified.

Pags

N/A
pilot

talked to an IP today from HC-5, he said he loved it...and echoed the laid back comments. Apparently it's great for outdoor lovers...lots of hiking, biking, etc.

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
Oh, you have no idea. The Guamanians are big on fine arts.:spin_125:

Brett

If you mean by "fine arts" kicking Gilagu (haole, for those familiar with Hawaii) Butt then yes. Watch what you say bro, because you might run into a big Chamorro (Guamanian) like me one day who might not be so friendly.
Now back to the topic. I was born and raised on Guam so I guess I know a little about it. It's a great little island that is rich on natural beauty and culture. If you enjoy outdoor activities then you'll love Guam. The diving is excellent, clear water that is 80 degrees down to 100 feet. There is great hiking on the southern half of the island, and many beautiful beaches. Yes, there is civilization. Tumon is like a scaled down version of Honolulu. Feel free to PM me if anyone has any questions.

Hafa Adai,

Q

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you mean by "fine arts" kicking Gilagu (haole, for those familiar with Hawaii) Butt then yes. Watch what you say bro, because you might run into a big Chamorro (Guamanian) like me one day who might not be so friendly.
Now back to the topic. I was born and raised on Guam so I guess I know a little about it. It's a great little island that is rich on natural beauty and culture. If you enjoy outdoor activities then you'll love Guam. The diving is excellent, clear water that is 80 degrees down to 100 feet. There is great hiking on the southern half of the island, and many beautiful beaches. Yes, there is civilization. Tumon is like a scaled down version of Honolulu. Feel free to PM me if anyone has any questions.

Hafa Adai,

Q
Since we're slinging racial slurs (AW smiles:) ), I can outrun any of you scrawny legged, big-boned, fat fvcks any day of the week. ;)

Brett