• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUARD to the US-Mexico Border ???

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I doubt it's true but I got this in an e-mail. I thought it was funny....

Results of the May 1st Boycott

On May 1st, as a result of the Mexican boycott,
national retailers reported 4.2% lower sales for the
day, with a 67.8% reduction in shoplifting.

I was also sent this link: video

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
1. Enforce laws

Enforcing existing laws is something our country is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE at doing. I agree, enforcing current laws would help... a lot. The problem is, our country thinks it is better to make new laws, which oh by the way are already covered by existing laws. Kinda like gun laws...

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Fly Navy said:
Enforcing existing laws is something our country is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE at doing. I agree, enforcing current laws would help... a lot. The problem is, our country thinks it is better to make new laws, which oh by the way are already covered by existing laws. Kinda like gun laws...

Concur, which is why the rate of incarceration for violent criminals is something like 2-3 per 100 violent crimes.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
Concur, which is why the rate of incarceration for violent criminals is something like 2-3 per 100 violent crimes.
And paradoxically, we're criticized for locking up too many people.

Brett

Scotty-O

Due to the government,I feel over-stimulated.
Yeah, it seems like we live in a society where people do not want any consequnces for their actions, it's more important to preserve the wrongdoer's supposed rights than ACTUALLY punish them. Huey, you are right on.
The Guard is not the way to go, they can't be the errand runners for every single d@mn issue that pops up in this country. I talk negatively about the current border situation and people respond with BS about how I'm not native american and my ancestors had to come from somewhere so how can I hate immigrants? Obviously, I don't, it's when you do it ILLEGALLY that I have a problem with it.
I challenge any American to try to sneak into Canada and try to rent living space, get a job and apply for government benefits and see how far you get. Just my opinion.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Scotty-O said:
I challenge any American to try to sneak into Canada and try to rent living space, get a job and apply for government benefits and see how far you get. Just my opinion.
Pretty far, ACTUALLY .... unless you are an American citizen. I almost moved there 20 years ago. Go try it in old Mexico, however. See how far you get ..... :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
joboy666 said:
I suspect canada will be the next big victim of a terrorist attack(s).
Now you're just being ridiculous. The Canadians are far too milquetoast to incite anyone to violence.

Brett

Lonestar155

is good to go
Lets not get too damn racist.. what the hell is going on here! The only reason to have troops around the border is to prevent terrorist from entering the U.S. from Mexico. What if terrorist decided to enter through Canada. Millions of dollars will be wasted if we fail that task. I'm a little discouraged to see how many racist cowards we have in here.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lonestar155 said:
Lets not get too damn racist.. what the hell is going on here! The only reason to have troops around the border is to prevent terrorist from entering the U.S. from Mexico. What if terrorist decided to enter through Canada. Millions of dollars will be wasted if we fail that task. I'm a little discouraged to see how many racist cowards we have in here.

You're an idiot. Engage the brain and listen.

Border control isn't because we don't want MEXICANS entering the country illegally, it's because we don't want uncontrolled immigration. Do YOU know how many of the illegal aliens crossing the border are criminals in Mexico? How many of them are involved in the drug trade? How many of them aren't Mexicans but are in fact sympathetic or working for Al Qaeda?

Your flippant response of racism makes you look like any number of left-wing loonies who's ONLY response to something they disagree with is "you're a racist!". Stop making yourself look like an a$$.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Here is a little trick I have found works well against retarded liberal college kids:

Lonestar155:

#1 What is your definition of "racism"?
#2 How does that apply to anything said in this topic?

Or do you actually need empirical evidence to support the supposition that most illegal aliens are from Mexico?

While terrorism remains a valid reason for protecting the sovereignty of our borders, the simple fact that the National Guard (or simply a better equipped, better funded US Border Patrol/ICE) would be able to stop aliens from entering illegally is really the "meat and potatoes" of the arguments being presented here.

Edit:
BTW, to assist you in looking less completely retarded in future accusations of "racism" and "racist cowardice" perhaps a trip to the dictionary is in order:

Racism - the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races

Since we are talking about NATIONS (IE: COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN) and not RACES, your argument is completely f**king stupid.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
It's not about the "Hispanic vote." It's about the business vote... and by vote I mean the almighty buck.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lonestar155 said:
You mean terrorists like the millennium bomber, Ahmed Ressam? Other posts have just about covered the utter stupidity of your statements, but I'm interested in what kinds of solutions you think would be appropriate for the flow of illegal immigration across our borders. It that OK by you?

Brett

T

TXHusker05

Brett327 said:
You mean terrorists like the millennium bomber, Ahmed Ressam? Other posts have just about covered the utter stupidity of your statements, but I'm interested in what kinds of solutions you think would be appropriate for the flow of illegal immigration across our borders. It that OK by you?

Brett

Ahmed Ressam was definitely not the only terrorist to cross the US-Canadian border. That small group of guys that came in through western Canada to blow up the Golden Gate Bridge in '02 come to mind. So do some of the terrorists from 9/11. The only problem with the US-Mexico border is it is too porous. If it was enforced, there would be very little problems. The border between the US-Canada is really bad. People that can't get into America, just go to Canada and walk over.

If we were closing the borders to stop terrorists from getting in, we'd look at Canada. There is no racism about illegal immigration. It is illegal, that is the point.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Lonestar155 said:
Lets not get too damn racist.. what the hell is going on here! .....I'm a little discouraged to see how many racist cowards we have in here.
THAT's the spirit !!! You've got me pegged !!! I don't want Mexicans flooding across the southern border --- so I'm a "racist".

Let me do you the honor of returning your observation with one in the same spirit ... you are a cretin. Walk into any Ready Room and start in with your 'you are racist cowards ' garbage ... I'd love to see it. :) *edit* this is only the second :eek: time I have felt compelled to give "negative" rep ...

I see you're from SFO .... enjoy and Buenos Dias ....

Reality .... SFO-style:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Lonestar155 said:
Lets not get too damn racist..
If you were talking about my previous post - get a life. It's called humor. The video could have been any illegal being dropped off at INS.

I've been stuck in France for a few weeks with a broken plane while on a contract pilot gig. I've gotten to know the bar tender at the hotel pretty well. He's pretty pissed off about the whole illegal amnesty thing because he was kicked out of the U.S. after 5 years. He was there legally for 4 1/2 years on a student visa at UCLA and stayed an additional 6 months illegally when they deported him. This was years ago during the last round of illegal Mexicans getting amnesty. He wants to know why the Mexicans got amnesty and he didn't. Was it because he was white? Is that racists?

BTW, he's a good guy for a Frog (excuse me, I meant Frenchman) but he was still in the US illegally and I had no sympathy for him. If he was there illegally now, I'd say deport him.

The issue isn't immigration. The issue is being illegally in the US and being rewarded for that criminal act. It doesn't matter if the illegal is Mexican, Chinese or French.

We need border security and border control. Anyone who legally qualifies is more than welcome to immigrate.