• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gulfstream V with Gear Problem on news

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slight threadjack... But do you know what's REALLY fun to do (in a sick sort of a way)? I usually make small talk with whoever I'm sitting with on the plane, and make sure to throw out at some point that I'm a military pilot. No, not to get chicks, to set up the fun... As we come into land, I put in an Oscar worthy performance, showing concern on my face, and saying things like "I don't know why they did that, that's pretty odd..." Just sit back and watch people start to tighten seat belts and sweat. I'm an a$$hole, but it's fun :D
That is awesome. You'd think that a devious agitator such as myself would have thought of that. I'm going to do that while I travel for the holidays.:D

petescheu

Slight threadjack... But do you know what's REALLY fun to do (in a sick sort of a way)? I usually make small talk with whoever I'm sitting with on the plane, and make sure to throw out at some point that I'm a military pilot. No, not to get chicks, to set up the fun... As we come into land, I put in an Oscar worthy performance, showing concern on my face, and saying things like "I don't know why they did that, that's pretty odd..." Just sit back and watch people start to tighten seat belts and sweat. I'm an a$$hole, but it's fun :D

Evil evil person... that's hilarious though.

nugget81

pilot
Another evil thing to do...

When doing a landing contest with an IP, on short, short final be sure to ask if they were going to put the gear down for this landing. Fvcks them up every time (sometimes even in non-retractable gear planes)....

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
You try dropping manual bombs in low-vis and through clouds and then we'll talk about whether I should be flying...

Try flying a TH-57B at night with low ceilings and rain. That was fun. Man I love cardboard gyros.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try flying a TH-57B at night with low ceilings and rain. That was fun. Man I love cardboard gyros.

My point was I wasn't flying because we don't drop bombs in that crap...

And you can take your VFR aircraft into near IMC if you want, I'll stay away. :)

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
My point was I wasn't flying because we don't drop bombs in that crap...

And you can take your VFR aircraft into near IMC if you want, I'll stay away. :)

Yeah I gathered that much. Yeah I'd rather not ever do it again, not exactly my idea of a good time.

phrogpilot73

Yeah I gathered that much. Yeah I'd rather not ever do it again, not exactly my idea of a good time.
You will, trust me, you will... Just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Something along the lines of flying on goggles in 1/2 mile vis, swapping controls every 15 minutes because you're both dangerously on the edge of vertigo (or slightly over the edge), in order to transport 5 urgent surgical casualties to CSH S in Baghdad. That might be a good enough reason to push it. Trust me, it wasn't fun - but 5 Marines lived that night because I pushed it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess it goes back to the other thread... It's all about building blocks.