• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

H-1 Upgrade Full Rate Production decision deferred

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't know about the 60. We used to have a 12 pax limit for 46Es and 24 limit for 53Es over water in a wing SOP, even though both platforms could carry significantly more. It also had some pretty elaborate requirements for how far you could travel over water single-ship, section, and division. I think it has more to do with how many they're willing to lose at one shot vice OEI, since they give a max pax, vice max weight requirement.

Hey Joe--good info. I guess I shouldn't believe everything 60 Minutes says, especially with my background!

hscs

pilot
11 must be a squadron SOP....seen a lot more in the back of an HH... but then again, they were jundis.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
11 pax in seats, not 11 operators... it's a limitation of "where can I put this extra life raft?"

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Krieg's replacement comes from the blue side, so I would be curious to see if he has a different opinion.

Not a factor as once the DAB goes down, the PM executes on the ADM and doesn't go back unless he breaches his APB. Performance between DABs is monitored by his PEO (and staff), who is Mr Laux (PEO A), at Pax. USD AT&L only remains in decision loop at DAB while the program is an ACAT 1D. Once it is stablized, PM will request redesignation as an ACAT 1C with ASN RD&A as decision authority to lesson time spent on preparing for reviews/decision meetings.

DAB = Defense Acquisition Board chaired by USD AT&L (Krieg)
ADM = Acquisition Decision Memorandum
APB = Acquisition Program Baseline
PEO = Program Executive Officer
ACAT = Acquisition Category (D = DoD, C = Component)
PM = Program Manager
ASN RD&A = Asst SECNAV, Research, Development & Acquisition (Dr Etter)

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Not trying to imply he could/would do a sudden reversal of course, I am just curious if the very different perspectives of the two (i.e. Rumsfeld protoge vs. not Rumsfeld) would produce a different perspective on the program. While the new Huey will be fun to fly (at least until we eat up the weight margin as we inevitably will) you can hardly call it transformational and it seemed to me that under the old regime at the pentagon it was treated as a necessary evil.

Personally, I can't ever see USMC abandoning Bell unless the program became a disaster of epic proportions, and I think it has passed the danger point for that.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not a factor as once the DAB goes down, the PM executes on the ADM and doesn't go back unless he breaches his APB. Performance between DABs is monitored by his PEO (and staff), who is Mr Laux (PEO A), at Pax. USD AT&L only remains in decision loop at DAB while the program is an ACAT 1D. Once it is stablized, PM will request redesignation as an ACAT 1C with ASN RD&A as decision authority to lesson time spent on preparing for reviews/decision meetings.

DAB = Defense Acquisition Board chaired by USD AT&L (Krieg)
ADM = Acquisition Decision Memorandum
APB = Acquisition Program Baseline
PEO = Program Executive Officer
ACAT = Acquisition Category (D = DoD, C = Component)
PM = Program Manager
ASN RD&A = Asst SECNAV, Research, Development & Acquisition (Dr Etter)

NERD!!!!

ogre01.jpg

:D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look who's talking (where do YOU work and how many of you officemates are wearing white shirts with pocket protectors?) :D

Wrong agency, our guys actually look you in the eye instead of at your shoes when they talk to you.......

We like to say we are a 'Combat Support Agency'........whatever that is supposed to mean, most people here have never left DC. Though there are some opportunities to toravel to some of the nicer regions of the world, where the sand and abaya clad women are plentiful.......I might have to hook myself up with one of those gigs. ;)