• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hawkeye down

Sad day for the Navy, I remember the one in 1973 when it hit the very edge of the water inverted in Ocean Zoo on it's way to Bethpage. Gruesome and it's saddening to realize these guys were someones son, father, brother and husbands. Half a lifetime later you never forget the ones you knew.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
All three sound like they were great officers and pilots. They are in my thoughts.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Thanks for re-opening this thread heyjoe. Yeah, I was lucky enough to get a chance to talk with Ryan a week before the incident when he gave us our E-2 community brief. Great guys, all of them. They will be missed.

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
VAW/VRC Memorial Scholarship fund

For those of you not going to the Hawkeye/Greyhound Ball tonight, (look for the wives in sashes, tiaras, and what not...) don't forget about the VAW/VRC Memorial Scholarship fund which gives out merit scholarships to families in the VRC/VAW community, as well as covering some of the expenses for children of fallen aircrew. It's a good cause..

Here's the website.
http://www.vaw-vrc-memorialfund.org/

A couple 115 dudes are also starting a fund for Betton's son, so hopefully his family won't have to worry about college at all. Yesterday, VMI granted him a provisional acceptance to the class of 2024 (or there abouts.. my memory fails..) I think the Spec War/Spec Ops community has been doing this for a while, but I've not been able to find any POCs for how-to's. PM me if you've got info.

There's also been some banter about making a contribution to Jerry and Cameron's alma maters in their honor. Not sure where that's headed.

Best -
Rugger