• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo Bubbas Be Careful Flying around SoCal...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Four Charged With Shooting L.A. Sheriff AStar

Four "kids" (aka punks, gang-bangers, etc) charged with blasting away at a LA County Sheriff's AS-350

Maybe XNavyFlyer down in SD can offer some thoughts - as a Helo LEO guy

dcstar.jpg

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
And this brings us to the Rules of Engagement question. Situation, you are flying your combat equipped aircraft on the way to the weapons range. When you get to the range, there is someone in the outskirts of the range opening up on your aircraft with a 50 cal. Is it legal for you to engage? Part B, same situation except you are inside of 12 nm from the US coast. Part C, same situation except you are outside of 12 nm from the US coast. Let the sea lawyering begin!

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Husband was flying with middies today and trying to figure out how to make it more interesting for them. Perhaps he should have headed north.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
Husband was flying with middies today and trying to figure out how to make it more interesting for them. Perhaps he should have headed north.

That's easy. Let them have the controls and let the shenanigans ensue. My middie ride went something like this. "You see that stadium there" "Yes sir" "Don't call me sir, that's Mexico, stay north of it" "Yes sir" "Damnit don't call me sir, stop being a pussy and have some fun with the plane.......whoa, my controls" I don't remember what I did to lose the controls, but I do remember it was fun.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
And this brings us to the Rules of Engagement question. Situation, you are flying your combat equipped aircraft on the way to the weapons range. When you get to the range, there is someone in the outskirts of the range opening up on your aircraft with a 50 cal. Is it legal for you to engage? Part B, same situation except you are inside of 12 nm from the US coast. Part C, same situation except you are outside of 12 nm from the US coast. Let the sea lawyering begin!

Does this mean that MC boards will now be held virtually on AW?
Imagine the possibilities...or shenanigans.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wasn't there a guy next to one of the Corpus Christi OLF's that periodically took potshots at T-34's a few years ago?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a guy near the Meridian OLF when I went through who accused the T-45s of dumping gas on his house because he kept making noise complaints . . . :rolleyes:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The RDO at Silverhill was taking direct fire one day. The guy said it was accidental, but who knows.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The RDO at Silverhill was taking direct fire one day. The guy said it was accidental, but who knows.

LSO shack & aircraft -- OLF Coupeville, early '70's -- were taking direct fire w/ the attendant bullet holes. Hippies, leftie island folk, late night bounce hours, and a little war in a little country in SE Asia all seemed to combine to bring it about ....

ONI, NUW Shore Patrol, FBI, and County Sheriff planned and executed a mission to "catch 'em" ... and did it. :)

UMichfly

pilot
None

That is cause for arming the T-34s. I'll bite the bullet and volunteer to test out the weapons :D. VT-6 has gotta earn the right to be called Shooters after all...