• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Here's why you memorize EPs.

phrogpilot73

I wonder how the glide characteristics differ without the prop. I'll bet it performs a surprising bit better.
I would agree that the glide characteristics are better without the prop. Not surprisingly thought, because there is nothing windmilling in front of you, creating more drag...

UMichfly

pilot
None
026_lucky_nerd.jpg

And there would be a reduction in the induced drag since the plane is suddenly 60-70 pounds lighter.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
026_lucky_nerd.jpg

And there would be a reduction in the induced drag since the plane is suddenly 60-70 pounds lighter.

Everybody knows that the propeller is just there to keep the pilot cool, because boy do they start sweating if it stops..........or falls off.:D

Flugelman

Contributor
I wonder how far aft the CG moved with the loss of that much weight out on the nose? Enough nose down trim available?:eek:

Flugelman

Contributor
It's a friggin Malibu.

Yeah, I know it's a Malibu, with a long ass nose and a heavy prop. I remember from my Cherokee 6 time how easy it was to wind up with an aft CG. Losing that much weight from that far out on the moment arm could make things a little more hectic. A less competent pilot might have let this sucker him into a stall situation where power wasn't available to save his ass.

Attachments

• malibu3.jpg
    malibu3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 20