• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

High AOA?

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
two thoughts:

1. I have had students in A4's land like that (can you say pink sheet).

2. When the A6 was initially designed, it was done so with a flap setting called Land Flaps, which was 40 degrees, fuselage mounted speed brakes to act as a modified thrust reverser, and exhausts that slanted slightly down. The idea was that you could land on a carrier without a tailhook. Fortunately, it never saw the light of an operational day, but our A6A's through A6E's (non-TRAM) had the fuselage mounted speed brakes welded shut (the A6 has/had wingtip speed brakes) and all A6 models had Land flaps as a setting, though we landed with "takeoff flaps."

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I thought the new-fangled flight helmets had the built in omni-vision...rigged up to cameras around the plane. MAybe someone else could verify.

I believe thats with regard to the F-35. Can anyone verify?

Great X-31 vid though... there used to be some great footage of that thing knifing through the sky pulling over 10 Gs doing 180s... anyone have some?