• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hornet driver to Intel to Fox News?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
She started out in San Diego NBC news. Couldn't tell you if she was good or not because we watch CBS News. Interesting that she dropped her other names
Also, from her wiki page, it says that she was a Naval Aviator, then served as an Intel Officer. I'm curious if that was by choice...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe in the Reserves she went Intel. Hard to get a flying gig in the Reserves so you have to hang your hat some where. If not flying, an Intel gig can be more interesting with quite a bit more opportunity then being a Wing Weenie for 10+ years.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I saw her a few times on the news. She was always the "veteran expert" reporter. So so at best, some of the reports she gave made me scratch my head wondering what exactly she was thinking. My wife even remarked about it once. I wish I had specific examples but we stopped watching her. Good on her though, she's obviously made the best of it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We were talking about this the other day with a guy in my office who cruised with her. Sounds like she was a decent human being and an average stick. Hope she does well w/Shep.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've seen her on the SD NBC station as well. I wasn't sure it was the same person because they really Foxed her up for her chat with Shep.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No offense, but who cares?

She served her country and fulfilled her commitment. She did something 99.9% of Americans probably couldn't. Good on her.
In her bio, she plays up the fact that she flew the hornet....

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
In her bio, she plays up the fact that she flew the hornet....

Got it. However as it stands now, she doesn't seem to be the over zealous type looking to shove it in everyone's face. The interview and bio seem pretty normal for a former service member employed by a high profile company like FNC.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
None of the other dipshits at Fox flew Hornets...at least she has done something other than look good and read a TelePrompter.
I don't mean to be an apologist for anyone in the media. I have plenty of criticism for all of them. But because I despise the shallow cynical trendy cheep shot, no matter the target, it is worth noting a few things. The "dipshits" at FNC all came up through the ranks and generally made it big at other networks or cable news stations before coming to FNC. Contrary to having done nothing other than look good reading the news, a hell of a lot of Emmys have been won by FNC staff, many have graduate degrees, come from fist rate institutions like Harvard, Johns Hopkins and Univ of Virginia, and even have had do something careers prior to going into Journalism such as big time corporate litigator, VP of PR firm, and children's rights advocate. Some are currently university lecturers and serious authors. Those "dipshits" that are career TV journalists have spent years moving around the country chasing jobs like any hungry careerist. They have paid dues reporting plenty of hurricanes, wars, elections, and mass shootings before they got a chance to read a TelePromter and look pretty. I dare say the non dipshts at CNN, and the broadcast networks likely have similar resumes. Hell, we know at least one flew Harriers. I guess I don't know how you define "done something".