• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

House votes 61-1 against women in combat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance

wink said:
Of course a male should not have to do more push ups than a female to fly the same aircraft. A female should have to demonstrate the same physical capabilites neaded to perform all aspects of her job, which would be the same as a male, of course. The number of push ups, or physical capability, has little to do with flying. While some aircraft are a handful in certain degraded control modes, and certain types of flying are just palin physically demanding, that isn't the real reason you have to PT. Just to begin with, everyome in the Navy must be able to work in a damage control team and fight fires. I don't want to have to count on a 110 pound person (male or female) that doesn't have the upper body strenght to pull me out of a burning compartment. I don't want to lay bleeding on a litter while enough sailors with the strenght to lift said litter are rounded up. What if the crew they round up to strip an arresting gear cable just happen to be heavy on females. Do I have to wave off at bingo fuel because they didn't get it done as fast as the male crew? So it has to be asked, if male sailors are performing to a physical standard, that is adequate to perform all the duties expected of them, than can we trust that a female sailor, performing to a lower physical standard is able to perform all the duties expected of her? I believe that the 110 lb male sailor is better equiped perform all the tasks expected of him than the 110 lb female sailor, and only because the female sailor has not demonstrated otherwise.

Preach on Brother. PREACH ON !

lance

TurnandBurn55 said:
Couldn't that same argument be used to say that a 50 year old Chief should be held to the same PRT standard as an 18 year old new recruit?

I can see that. BUT at least they [CHEIF(s)] have proved it once in the past--- I bet if chief had too he could still get my ass out of a fire better then a 110lb lady friend.

Them old balls can still kick arss some times. Hell they can prolly kick my arss

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
lance2 said:
I can see that. BUT at least they [CHEIF(s)] have proved it once in the past--- I bet if chief had too he could still get my ass out of a fire better then a 110lb lady friend.

Them old balls can still kick arss some times. Hell they can prolly kick my arss

I thought that's why we had the PRT?

So that people could be judged on standardized physical performance as to whether they can pull people out of burning hatches and man firehoses tommorrow...

If you're saying that 40 pushups for a 20 yearold means they cannot do that... 40 pushups for a 50 year old means they can... 40 pushups for a female means they can't...

You're arguing that PRT standards as meaningless... what, should they be replaced by every sailor standing in a line and the CO saying who he "bets" can do it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.