• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How I got an NFO slot after LASIK (and how you can too)

Zaptoman

Pineapples don't grow on trees.
Like Zaptoman, I had LASIK and am in the "study" to be picked up for SNA as we speak....I'm simply waiting on the results to trickle their way back to me. The initial physical that I went in for my SNA package, the eye doc immediately said i was DQ'd, but when I got to the Flight Surgeon he mentioned a study was in play but wasn't "published" so to speak. Because I had a kick@$$ flight surgeon, I have the potential to be picked up - hopefully. Also, the location made a difference too because I luckily (without knowing before hand) went to the designated location that had already been approved for LASIK procedures. SO, fingers crossed, planning for the worst and hoping for the best, standing by to stand by and so on...result...FIND ME!!! LOL

So I take it you are pro-rec'd and just waiting for final select at this point?

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
If anyone here can enlighten me that would be great.

As mentioned I was TDQ-ed from an FS/OCS date due to the Navy needing the required information for the Lasik in Aviation Study.

To clarify, I called NAMI and was told a different, albiet similar story. The flight surgeon I spoke with mentioned that all the scans and evaluations for candidates enrolled in the study would first occur during the initial flight physical at Newport. He said that you would get a TDQ at Newport, the testing would be performed and a waiver granted pending the results.

He didn't seem too clear about the TDQ during the FS purgatory period.

From those here, can you elaborate at all regarding this mild discrepancy.

Thanks and great thread.

Zaptoman

Pineapples don't grow on trees.
getaway,
That seems completely odd to me. If that's true, that means they would do all of the same things they already did at the Navy Hospital and give me a TDQ for the same things they already passed me for. Maybe that's the way it will work but it seems backwards. My TDQ was during the Army section of the deal when the wrong information was sent to MEPS. As far as I am aware I never received another one. I went to the Navy Hospital - Camp Pendleton, got checked about 15 different ways to Sunday, they sent the info up, and I suddenly got "medically qualified". That's about the sum total of my knowledge.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Sweet dude. Thanks for the information.

Yeh, I'm as confused as a 13 year old in an astro-physics class...

I am just waiting to hear from my NRD about what I exactly need to do. That information would help a shit load.