• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How low can you go?

B

Blutonski816

That. Is. Low.

(but I bet the helo guys can go lower, lol)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are French guys, right?

Credit where credit is due. That's insane. I'm guessing their wingspan is about 35 feet, so looking at their shadows, they looked to be at about 20 feet in some cases (couldn't read the HUD well enough).

Let's just say, as a helo guy, I couldn't "legally" fly that low. Nice vid.

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
Question: I have watched that video a couple of times, and those guys are really low. Why in many of the shots is there no wake in the water? Wouldn't their jets create some wake, or are they just high enough that that isn't happening? There is some wake in a few of the shots I was just surprised that in many of the shots there wasn't any and they were really low. :confused:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blutonski816 said:
(but I bet the helo guys can go lower, lol)

Not by a whole lot... and nowhere NEAR that fast... damn that was crazy.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Riper Snifle said:
Question: I have watched that video a couple of times, and those guys are really low. Why in many of the shots is there no wake in the water? Wouldn't their jets create some wake, or are they just high enough that that isn't happening? There is some wake in a few of the shots I was just surprised that in many of the shots there wasn't any and they were really low. :confused:

I was watching for that as well. I think the problem was that they were going too fast and the camera was too tight, so the wake was way behind them. For a -60, as an example, at 100-200 feet, you could see our wake up until about 70-80 knots. Then it would just start to get too far back that it wouldn't make it down far enough to see. Obviously a jet is pushing more air per unit time, so there's probably more of a wake, but it would be farther back.

mattr

seems like the French always release these low flying vids...if you go on patricksaviation practically all of the french videos are low flight...

edit: oh, that vid is on patricksaviation site btw

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Does low level flight like that have anti-shipping application, or do the French apparantly train for it because it looks cool?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
eddie said:
Does low level flight like that have anti-shipping application, or do the French apparantly train for it because it looks cool?

Get below radar and lessen your visual range.