• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HSL Dets

hscs

pilot
Wow, the hours suck all over. HSC has the same overmanning problem with availability issues, too. This is going to cause some major problems as these non-cruise experienced HACs have to instruct with minimal HAC time. Scary.

MasterBates

Look at it this way. I could possibly come back as an OIC with 710 in model, zero days underway as a HAC (I have done a ton of DLQ periods as a HAC), and less than 8 months total underway time..

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm glad Ghost chimed in and set things straight. For those interested in helos, the sky is not falling. OIF and the overmanning really jacked things up, but they're getting sorted out. IA's don't excatly help some people either.

As for the 80 hours/month underway, it's not the end of the world either. If you're in the middle of real world ops (no exercise or whatever) you'll still fly plenty, especially w/ 2 birds. 50 hours a month underway will keep you plenty busy.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Yep. I'm still glad I selected HSL, just started the ATO phase and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not too worried about the hours/manning issues. I'll fly what I get to fly.

And I flew my first NVG flight tonight, that was awesome. Certainly one of the more interesting things I've done in helos.